Crest o Wave Bed and Breakfast
Orbitz.com
$145
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
The Gannet Inn(Carbis Bay)
$236
No availability for your dates from our partners
Cottage Hotel(Carbis Bay)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssingle roomporthmeor beachguest housenight's sleepgood nights sleepcooked to perfectionother guestssea viewtatetoilethostscornwall
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Firstly, I have to wonder if Caspers review is based on the same place at all???
This was the perfect place to stay. It is in a fantastic location overlooking Porthmear beach and a 5 min walk to beach, harbour and shops in St Ives. We had a carparking spot and were greeted by a very friendly couple who showed us to our rooms. They were clean, tea and coffee making, shower, toilet, towels, tv and even a selection of DVDs. Bed was really comfy and nice dark curtains and quiet location all resulted in excellent nights sleeps. Breakfast was yummy, everything you could want or need. The men went sea fishing and Dave helped them to gut the fish for our barby on the beach! St Ives itself is a gorgeous place and we did not find it expensive what so ever. Good quality eating places were The loft and SeaSalt which was small and intimate but some of the best food we have ever had! Cant wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank twinkle84
Reviewed June 19, 2010

We had the pleasure of staying at the Crest O Wave in June and would highly recommend this lovely B&B. We had a brilliant sea view room and a fantastic breakfast was served daily. A bonus was having your own key to come & go as you please. The B&B is ideally situated in St Ives. Whilst walking along the costal patch we saw dolphins swimming alongside a boat and seals. We had a wonderful time and hope to return soon. Our sincere thanks go to our great hosts Christine and David, a perfect weekend!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank SunshineSomerset
Reviewed October 27, 2009

I think this is the third time I've stayed at this seaside B&B with my friend. He has a single room, I always have a double room. The rooms are bright and clean, tea/coffee etc. flat screen t.v. The full English breakfast is very 'full', although variations are available. Christine & Dave are friendly and helpfull. The views are just stunning, and the location is excellent, as little traffic goes past, and easy walking distance for the main beach/town. The cost is very fair for what you get. All in all good value, and we will go back again, and again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
5  Thank hensteeth
Reviewed April 13, 2009

I stayed for a weekend in March and had a great time.
The B&B itself is in a great location with a view over the beach and headland and only a short stroll into the centre of St Ives.
The owners (and dog) were very friendly, welcoming and helpful throughout our stay. The room was clean and tidy with everything you would expect and even a selection of DVD's to watch if the British weather did it's worst.
Being vegetarian i usually struggle to get a decent breakfast when i stay away but this was definately not the case here, it was delicious and plenty of it (and i'm assured the sausages and bacon were too)
Overall a quality B&B and i would definately go back.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JC849
Reviewed November 4, 2008

Ok, now I spend a lot of time in B&Bs throughout the country with my job. I actually love St Ives and try to get here a few times a year. I was told about this B&B by some of my friends who had stayed there whilst in St Ives on a stag do.

But I read the reviews on this site first. Upon staying there I really dont see what on earth the 2 women were on about in the first review. Do they have the right guest house?. To be fair their review actually nearly put me off going there but im glad it didnt. All of my experience totally contradicts what they wrote.

We were greeted by Chris who was very friendly (im also under 30 like the girls in the first review). The room was a nice size and the bed was very comfy. The breakfasts were nice and what you would expect from a B&B. And if you like dogs, you wont be dissapointed in the lovely Bracken. There is a lounge with tv and the greatest views of the sea, beach and Island. There is a nice telescope to look through. It took me 4 mins to walk at a stroll to find myself in the middle of the town. wouldnt say that St Ives is any more expensive than any other tourist hotspot. The B&B has car parking outside and spaces in another car park just up the road. I got chatting to Dave (also very friendly) about fishing, he even lent me a rod and gave me advice on where to fish.
We had a great time at Crest o Wave and have booked a week in Sept 09. I may even go back sooner. For location, price, friendliness and all round good experience I would advise anyone looking to go to St Ives to give it a look.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank JPerkins