“Lovely B&B with very friendly and helpful staff”
Review of The Nook

The Nook
Ranked #37 of 102 St Ives B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed at the Nook for 3 nights recently and we were greeted with a warm welcome, the breakfast is lovely and a wide selection on offer. It was our first time in st Ives and they offered us advice on where to go and what to see. I would definatley recommend this B&B and will be staying there again. It was lovely and clean and the rooms were modern and cozy.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Thenoonans
There are newer reviews for The Nook

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed at the Nook for a week in August on a family holiday. Everything we could want was available if not already in our room. Location OK but don't wear flip flops in the evening if your walking back!! Great breakfast as well ;0)

Many thanks John, Joan and team.

See you next year.

The Cook Family

Room Tip: Room 11 as a family room was perfect.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TheCookFamilyKent
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My partner and I stayed here in June and on the whole had a very good stay. Arriving after 9pm, I had to wait for the owner to come and let me in as they don't live on site - this wasn't a massive problem as they only lived about 10 minutes away.

Located about about 10 minutes walk from the centre of St. Ives, there were lots of good things about the B&B: the helpful staff, the wonderful breakfast, the off-street parking, the modern decor and the comfy rooms. I was however slightly disappointed with the bathroom (which was rather small) and the double bed (which was actually two singles push together).

Nevertheless, we had a a very pleasant stay at the Nook and would recommend it to anyone looking for chic style at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel C
Reviewed August 10, 2012

A lovely contemporary b&b with parking wifi and freeview tv. Just a short walk down the hill to st Ives. Fabulous breakfast i can reccomend the omlette with bacon and mushrooms. Really friendly and helpful welcome I shall be booking again.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed at The Nook for three nights and we loved every minute. We had the ground floor bedroom which was light and bright. It also had a comfy sofa and the bed was soft. Great breakfast and the location although up hill from the 'hub' of St Ives, it was quiet and provided parking.our host and staff was wonderful, friendly and accommodating. A must stay if you are planning a trip.

Room Tip: Room 1 on the ground floor although their delux room was great. No lugging suitcases up stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have to say this is the nicest most relaxed bed and breakfast I have stayed in. The room was super clean. Decorated nicely, beds were comfortable everything was the way it should be. Breakfast was really nice both mornings they even catered for what the baby wanted to eat. I have to agree with people about the hill though it is a killer to walk back up especially with a buggy but that's not the bed and breakfasts fault if you have walking difficulties I would probably avoid as I didn't see any taxis in St Ives. I would stay again if in St Ives.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cheekt9
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed 3 nights and couldn't find any fault at all with the basics - the room, the breakfast and general level of service are all excellent. The owner is (in my humble opinion, but I am perhaps a grumpy old s*d) a tad too friendly and chatty. I do have one thing to mention though. I accept that this is not the fault of the Nook, and that it is part of the deal when staying near the sea, but the seagulls are incredibly noisy in the mornings. On the first night I couldn't sleep at all beyond about 4.30am. After that I used earplugs and it was OK but you do need to be prepared.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple