“Didn't want to leave!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Ives
Eleven Sea View Terrace
Ranked #27 of 102 St Ives B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 9, 2007

It was a real effort leaving 11 Sea View Terrace. The rooms have been refurbished to a high standard and are a pleasure to sleep in. The view from the suite situated at the top of the house is wonderful too. This is how all B & Bs should be.

Graeme was very accommodating and even lent us his membership card for the Tate.

We took my partner's parents to St Ives for three days and they are still raving on about how much they enjoyed the B & B......and St Ives itself!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ClardS39

Reviewed September 1, 2007

ADVICE - PHONE BEFOREHAND TO ENSURE BOOKING IS OK - THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED
We had booked a room for three nights for a romantic getaway over the august bank holiday 2007. When we arrived we were informed our room had been double booked because of a "cock up" and, as the whole of st ives was booked up for the weekend, were offered a room with a neighbour. The neighbours were very accommodating and ran a B&B. However the room we were given was not a room they rented our but effectively their spare room. We were allowed back to 11 sea view terrace every morning for breakfast and made to feel he was doing us a favour in offering this. We asked for poached eggs for breakfast and were told he would do scrambled as it was easier for him!! We were able to stay for the third night of our stay. The room we were offered was lovely but we were obviously disappointed not to have been able to stay there for the whole of our stay. The owner, graham seemed to think it was acceptable to simply apologise and offer us the two nights in his neighbours spare room for free (oh and he threw in a bottle of wine to appease us). This did not stop him charging us for the third night (which was a bit of a cheek considering how our weekend had been ruined). ADVICE PHONE BEFOREHAND TO ENSURE BOOKING IS OK - THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED. If the neighbours had not been able to put us up we would have been sleeping in the car after a 7 hour journey !

7  Thank mariafbarnett
elevenseaviewterrace, Owner at Eleven Sea View Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2007

I am responding to the review submitted by Maria Barnett on 2 September primarily to put matters a little more into context for other users of Trip Advisor and to correct a few distortions of the truth!

The double booking was not discovered until a few hours before the guests arrived when a full admission was made! Unfortunately, I was obliged to honour the other booking which had been made earlier in the year!

On arrival Ms. Barnett and her partner were informed that as an immediate solution one of the neighbouring B & B's could offer accommodation which consisted of a bedroom with sea views, a private bathroom and a separate sitting area to also include parking and that I would cover the cost of that accommodation! It is true that this was not one of their official letting rooms and it is accepted that the alternative was not of the same standard which they had reserved!

However, it is not strictly true to say that the whole of St. Ives was fully booked. There had not been time to make any other enquiries and the nearby accommodation was offered as one possible alternative so that they could be in the same location with car parking and in order to ensure that they could check in without delay!

I did explain that I would be happy to make enquiries of other hotels if they were not happy with this arrangement but they decided to accept the alternative accommodation for their first 2 nights on the basis I have described. There was never any question of them having to sleep in the car because I did know of at least 2 other places which had vacancies but these were not in such a convenient location and so I offered in the first instance what I considered to be the best alternative!

With regard to breakfast my neighbours explained that they provided only a continental style breakfast and so I said that they were more than welcome to take breakfast at Number 11 if they wanted a cooked option which they decided to do! I fail to understand how this could have been construed as a favour since they were offered the full breakfast menu available to my other guests including "poached eggs" - they chose to accept scrambled eggs on the day in question quite simply because I was preparing them for the other guests!

On their arrival on the third day I did leave a complimentary bottle of wine in their room but this was certainly not done to appease or compensate them - it was intended only as a gesture of good faith!

I considered that covering the cost of their first 2 nights accommodation was adequate compensation for the disappointment they had suffered and there had never been any suggestion that they would not be charged for their third night.

No comments of any further dissatisfaction were made when I presented the Bill and so far as I was aware they were happy to pay! If this was not the case then they could have complained at the time and I would then have addressed the matter accordingly!

Having read all my other reviews it does seem that the comments made by these guests with regard to service are inconsistent and based solely on the disappointment which they suffered! Naturally apologies were made for this unfortunate event which was extremely emabarrassing but given the resources available to me at the time I'm afraid there was little else I could do except to try and mitigate the damage and I cannot imagine that anyone else would have acted any differently in similar circumstances!

Whilst making this response I am grateful to all other Guests who have taken the time to submit a review and look forwarding to welcoming all future guests for the reaminder of this year and throughout 2008!

With all good wishes for the forthcoming festive season.

GRAHAME WHEELBAND

Reviewed August 29, 2007

This bed and breakfast is head and shoulders above any other b&b. The rooms are beautifully decorated and the beds are very comfortable with feather duvets and soft pillows. No detail has been overlooked. Grahame's whole aim and object in life is to make your stay enjoyable. The breakfasts are fantastic with notihng being too much trouble to prepare. Fresh fruit salad and freshly squeezed orange juice are just two of the many items offered to guests. Our favourite cooked breakfast was scrambled egg with anchovy toast! Our room was the smallest room in the house but had a 5' double bed and a terrace outside which was available for our use with comfortable chairs. Our daughters' room was larger with twin beds and views over St. Ives. We had a wonderful stay and will be going back!

• Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank SatisfiedBrighton
Reviewed August 5, 2007

... to find it's not fully booked, don't look any further !
The suites in this victorian terraced house have been newly and stylishly decorated.
Suites 1 and 2 have fabulous views over St Ives. Similar views from the lounge and the terrace in the front garden where you can unwind at the end of the day and enjoy the sunset over the town.
Suite 3 where we stayed, has no seaviews and is the smaller of the three but still very nice and comes with a roof terrace on the garden side, where we had breakfast in the sunshine !
Grahame, the owner, will go the extra mile to make sure you have a perfect stay !

• Stayed: August 2007
3  Thank PSML
Reviewed August 1, 2007

We stayed here for a wedding in June for a weekend.Had an amazing breakfast in our room overlooking the harbour both mornings.Bliss!! This is by far the most tasteful room we have stayed in,if you want chintz dont go here.Want to go back but for longer next time...... Supreme...Everything about this place was faultless and the decor and paintings stunning...

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank bobanmay
Reviewed July 24, 2007

I stayed here for one night with my partner and loved it! Grahame made us feel very welcome and I loved the fact we could have breakfast in our suite.
The decor of this hotel is modern and fresh, it would make a fabulous home.
This property is high above st ives with great views, only a 5 minute walk though into the harbour.
We will definately be staying here again. vicky and gary, northants

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VicksterNorthampton
Reviewed July 22, 2007

My wife and i stayed at 11 Sea Veiw for two nights at the end of June and we could not fault it. The room ( Suite 1 ) was modern and clean and had all the facilites we required for our stay and the view over the harbour was excellent. The continental style breakfast was great which we had served in our room on both mornings.It was well worth the money and i would highly reccommend it.

1  Thank SomersetCharlie