We were a bit apprehensive,having read reviews but we had alovely time there from start to finish.We feel that you must judge a place against the price and this was a cheap deal in a "woodland budget chalet due for refurbishment". All the clues are there! Yes ,it is in mature woodlands, which are lovely, but do keep the chalets shady. Yes, it was budget but it was bigger than we expected and everything worked including an excellent shower. Yes it needed some refurbishment but we go on holiday to enjoy ourselves ,not do a surveyor,s report on the accommodation! The staff were really friendly and helpful and appeared very conscientious.The pool area was beautifully kept and Amy ,the pool manager was great. The entertainments team appeared very hard working and,although a bit loud for me the acts I saw were very good. The woodland trail we did twice a day with our 2 year old grandson and 2 dogs. He loved the new picture information boards and the woods are as well managed as any site that I have seen. If you like simple straightforward accommodation in a rustic setting (we usually camp) these budget chalets are fine but that is what they are! Because they are under trees they do draw the damp but the heaters will cook you if desired! The paths are lit but care would be needed in places. Some chalets looked more ready for refurb than others. TIPS The duvets were definitely for summer but blankets etc can be requested.You could keep bedroom heaters on but then too hot probably! If you come here with the right ideas it is fine. We 2 enjoyed it, our 2 daughters enjoyed it , our 2 year old grandson loved it and our 2 dogs were very settled. Thanks to the staff. We will be back and trying other John Fowler parks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our St Ives Holiday Village is set in over a hundred acres of woodland, making the whole park a gorgeous, relaxing place. As for facilities, St Ives Holiday Village has everything you could want during a Cornwall holiday. You won’t have to worry about the kids getting bored with our games room, featuring a pool table and all the latest video games. We also have a children’s play area just for kids, and you can let them swim in our large indoor heated pool without worry as we always have life guards on duty.In the evenings, you’re welcome to enjoy the nightly entertainment we offer at The Rafters Club, our very own club where we put on dancing, discos, competitions and more! You can also order you and your family some pub grub or get a takeaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your St. Ives Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Ives Holiday Village Hotel St Ives
- St. Ives Holiday Village St Ives, Cornwall