It's is our third John fowler park, as my father (who we travel with) seems to like them for some reason. Myself and my wife on the other hand are not so keen.
First the good bits:
The location of the park is lovely, set In glorious woodland, it's close to Hayle, Carbis bay and st Ives, and there is a regular bus that comes into the park for st Ives,. All the staff were friendly, helpful and always had a smile, The reception area, clubhouse, and restaurant are nice areas to be, clean, well maintained, and the food was lovely. Also the shop had long opening times and was well stocked
The bad bits:
Basically, the chalet.
Very very outdated, I have seen a comment on here that the chalets are all being demolished and replaced, however I didn't see any evidence of this as I walked around the park.
The smell as you walk in, very fusty, and this smell never left for the whole week we were there, no matter what we did.
There were plenty of cobwebs hanging about in most corners.
My wife, twice had a shower with a slug, (not me, lol),
The mattresses were very firm (which was ok with me, I like a firm mattress)' however what I don't like about any John Fowler park is the plastic covered mattresses, I did manage to overcome this, by placing the spare quilt between the mattress and the sheet, and the John Fowler bedding, well!! Lets just say its not the nicest of designs, lol, but although clean, it would be nice if it was washed in a decent wash powder and fabric conditioner to at least give it a nice smell.
If there was any problems, once reported the maintenance crew were quick to arrive, however a blocked drain outside our door was looked at in our absence, but seemed to get rectified, which caused a smell, (chalet 92), I will add photos to back up my review ASAP.
So basically, if they do as they're saying and demolish the chalets, to replace with new ones, it will be a lovely place to stay, lol, until then, it's ok if your on a £9.50 sun holiday, but if your paying normal rates like my father did, I'd wait!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our St Ives Holiday Village is set in over a hundred acres of woodland, making the whole park a gorgeous, relaxing place. As for facilities, St Ives Holiday Village has everything you could want during a Cornwall holiday. You won’t have to worry about the kids getting bored with our games room, featuring a pool table and all the latest video games. We also have a children’s play area just for kids, and you can let them swim in our large indoor heated pool without worry as we always have life guards on duty.In the evenings, you’re welcome to enjoy the nightly entertainment we offer at The Rafters Club, our very own club where we put on dancing, discos, competitions and more! You can also order you and your family some pub grub or get a takeaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your St. Ives Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Ives Holiday Village Hotel St Ives
- St. Ives Holiday Village St Ives, Cornwall