“Fantastic little hideout”
Review of Poppins tea room

Poppins tea room
Ranked #9 of 13 Coffee & Tea in St Ives
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

The best secret escape in st ives away and off the main street away from the hoards of people have had many yummy cakes but the courgette and pecan cake was the nicest ive ever had

The service was very high quality even at lunchtime when they were very busy and the decor looked original and rustic

Exactly what I would expect from a tearoom china tea cups real milk jugs and teapots and none of the modern day plastic table coverings but crocheted table cloths that looked older than my mum

Deffo worth a visit and the cream teas are next on my list off the menu as they looked as good as the cake I enjoyed will deffo return

2  Thank Nichola W

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Stumbled on for a quick snack mid afternoon. Sat inside at first but table cloths extremely dirty so moved to outside table. Food ok ish if a little transport cafe but service absolutely terrible. Ordered 4 snacks and all four came at different times. Will not be returning and would not recommend.

3  Thank holtclan16
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Poppins is set back from the main hustle and bustle of St Ives, in a small courtyard with a couple of outside tables (more inside of course). We were lucky enough to bag one of these on a recent trip to St Ives, and enjoyed a lovely drink and a sandwich (mine was crab, my wife's egg mayonnaise) served by friendly staff. The prices were very reasonable considering how pretentious the rest of St Ives has become (it's 30 years since my last visit, there was barely a shop there then). Oh, and they stock Fentimans drinks, which if like me you enjoy, is a real treat.

2  Thank Andy G
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

A quick pit stop for coffee. Very friendly service and nice coffee. Managed to sit outside in the little courtyard before the rain began. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank andrewanddiane
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Found by happy accident in the rain in St Ives and looking for somewhere to get out of the wet. The cafe is to be found down a side alleyway off the main cobbles (just after the post office).

Cafe was very clean and brightly decoared. My mum, daughter and I initially had tea, hot chocolate and sandwiches - which were very fresh and my mum loved the use of the teapot and cups and saucers. We progressed to cream teas and some home made cake which again was fresh and delicious.

The staff were so friendly - we had our small dogs with us and they were very accomodating and even found a treat for them.

We were on holiday for a week in Cornwall and had many lunches and afternoon teas over the week - but this was far and away the best.

Lovely food, great service and a quiet quaint location - if you lucky enough to get the sun I am sure it would be very pleasant sat outside but an all round great cafe - seek it out

2  Thank browneyedsam