“Dreadful”

Ranked #83 of 146 Restaurants in St Ives
Reading
“Dreadful”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Wrong baguette, wrong filling, ages to wait. Serving staff fiddling with face and hair. Filthy, smelly toilet.

2 Thank DrWendyHC

Penzance, United Kingdom
“Quick bite to eat”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Was very disappointed with my visit to Sky's Diner. Having four children in tow (one in a pushchair) I would have expected a little acknowledgement from one of the four members of staff standing around doing nothing (ie, would you like a highchair/help with anything).
Having settled the children, I finally get to order only to be informed that they do not except debit cards; this caused a bit of a problem!! No happy!
The food was average; I had a Panini and to be honest, I had to look very hard to find the brie. The salad was basic; no thought on presentation etc even though the prices were not that cheap. They couldn't even manage a thank you and goodbye (and they were not that busy so could have)
As a local, I can honestly say I will not be visiting again.

3 Thank TJTO
Stowmarket, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely little piece of tranquil in the middle of a busy St Ives!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stumbled across this cafe when we were looking for a lunch that wasn't pasties, chips or doughnuts. The lunches were varied - jacket potatoes, sandwiches, salads, pasties, homemade cakes etc and the service was friendly and quick. Would definitely recommend this cafe if you want something a bit healthier than chips or if you all fancy different things, this is the place to go. We visited twice when we were staying in St Ives. Obviously, being in St Ives, there is no parking very close but park where you can and enjoy a lovely stroll through the busy Fore Street shops or along the harbour front and make a day of it.