“Hi-Up in Riviere Towans”
other travelers have booked this property
Well equipped kitchen with oven and ceramic hob
Washing machine
Well equipped kitchen
Open plan kitchen/diner
Dining table
Looking in from front door
Desk
Sunset over St.Ives
View towards St.Ives
Sunset over St. Ives
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
Sadie_w92
London, United Kingdom
“Hi-Up in Riviere Towans”
Reviewed May 16, 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

We have just got back from a lovely chilled out week at Hi-Up in Riviere Towans. We were very lucky and had beautiful weather all week and spent many hours at the beach which was only a few minutes walk away. The views from this chalet were AMAZING and the chalet had everything we needed and more. It was in a perfect location and so private. The reason why i have only gave this chalet a 4 out of 5 is due to the cleanliness as everything else was perfect. We are not sure if there was a dog that stayed here the week before but there was a mass of hair everywhere and we spent the first day cleaning. We know there are cleaners that come in every Saturday so if anything we would just like to make the owners aware that them cleaners did not do a very good job before we arrived. Apart from that we would defiantly recommend this chalet and would come back.

james p
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Home from home”
Reviewed October 6, 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

Stayed in HI Up end of Sept into first week of Oct 2014.
The chalet is lovely & contains everything you could need.
The views across the Hayle estuary & over to St. Ives are
amazing, sunsets are glorious (the weather was very good
to us). Hi up is just like it looks in the photos online.

We have old friends in St. Ives where parking is often a problem,
but by staying here we were able to drive to Lelant,
park up for the day £2.00 then catch the train into St. Ives
£8.00 return for 2 adults. It's like a local bus service,
lots of regular trains & it only takes 10 mins.
Great, no stress trying to park.
We will both reccommend friends looking for a Cornish
holiday to book Hi Up.
Val & I look forward to coming back again, thanks James.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: stunning views, feels very homely.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
Oct 9, 2014
Dear James and Val
So pleased you enjoyed your time at Hi Up and very glad you would like to come back again.

Thanks for the very positive review.

Reviewed August 22, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Harvey F
“Great time away.”
Reviewed August 20, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

We have Camped in the Hayle - Gwithian for 5 years now, we love the area and the beach is just 1 of the best in the UK. The Use of HI-UP just finished it all off.
Well equipped and within walking distance from the beach it was great.
Would definitely stay here again. We have a 11 year old lad who made friends quickly at the local onsite play area, which allowed us some quality time to relax.

Traveling group: Young Children
Reviewed June 29, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Jul 9, 2014
Dear Louise

Thanks so much for the review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come back sometime in the future.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Liked best: the views
Liked least: the insulation - very hot when the sun is up and cold at night and windy weather
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Jul 9, 2014
Dear Doerthe,

Thanks so much for the review. Like you we love the views both at day and night time. Did you look and see St Michael's Mount on the horizon through the binoculars?

Catherine...
London, United Kingdom
“Homely with stunning views”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

I stayed at Hi-Up as I wanted to get away from London and finish editing my novel. It was easy to book and Simon's communication was prompt and friendly. Likewise, the directions and prior info given were clear and helpful. Riviere Towans is a holiday park, but I went just after the Easter holidays and it was peaceful. I also found Hayle to be a friendly and relaxed place (I especially liked the woman in the Co-Op who asked me for ID - I'm 37!). As I think all the other reviews have said, the best part about Hi-Up was the big windows and fantastic views all around - definitely good to get the creative juices flowing. Although the weather wasn't the best when I was there, it was still lovely to be so close to a long, sandy beach - I walked along it every day. (I took lots of photos of the views from Hi-Up and the beach - I have uploaded some.) I was happy with all the equipment and appliances in the chalet (I was particularly fond of the big, modern bathroom sink - I want one in my flat!).

There were a few things I felt could possibly be improved or that potential guests may want to be aware of: I opted for the paid wi-fi service supplied by the holiday park. This cost just under £12 for a week (you can book it for shorter periods). Unfortunately, it didn't work all the time, but it was good enough for my needs and when it didn't work I would just use my iPhone instead, or sometimes restarting my laptop seemed to sort it. Although the chalet was clean in all the obvious places, I think it could do with a yearly spring clean. However, it's worth mentioning that I am more fussy than most about this kind of stuff, plus as I was there to write, I spent more time indoors than most guests would. The sofas, though comfy, are getting a bit grubby. One other minor point that some may appreciate: the iPod/iPhone dock, though handy to have, won't fit the iPhone 5/5S/5C or newer iPods (I was kicking myself for forgetting my adapter!).

All in all, I enjoyed my stay. I felt comfortable and relaxed at Hi-Up and the views should be experienced!

Traveling group: Solo Traveler
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing