“Poor food and very poor dealing with my complaint”

Tregenna Castle Brasserie
Ranked #74 of 143 Restaurants in St Ives
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
St.Ives
“Poor food and very poor dealing with my complaint”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had a very poor meal here, prawns topped by a quantity of solid butter, cold kale and almost cold beef on a cold plate, only the potato was hot. This was followed by an edible but not wonderful sweet and the worst cup of tea I have ever been served. The waiter told me the tea was o.k. and went off without offering a better one.
The catering manager has replied to my emails with some apologies but no reply to my request for a refund. The manager sounded o.k. (After my emails were ignored and I eventually phoned at the time she was to be at her desk and she was not and phoned me an hour later)
However, now the phone call back to me has not been made.
It's pretty disappointing for a hotel like this, I would advise going to eat somewhere else.

3 Thank PopovaSt_Ives
12-Management, Guest Relations Manager at Tregenna Castle Brasserie, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
We are sorry that you did not enjoy the meal that was provided for your Art's Club Ball. However, I would like to clarify some of the issues that you raised, though; the menu was selected by your event organiser and was the least expensive option that was available. (Although, that is certainly no excuse for any detraction of quality).
None of your correspondences were ignored. I was personally involved in the exchanges and know that you were offered a compromise.
You suggest that we were 'very poor dealing with your complaint', I suggest that you feel this way because you did not get want you wanted.
Incidentally, the St.Ives Arts Club have made a provisional booking for next year.