“Crab & rum together, what a great combination!”

The Rum and Crab Shack
Ranked #42 of 152 Restaurants in St Ives
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We were staying for a few nights in the area & found this place as we were wandering along the sea front. The combination of rum & crab really appealed to the both of us so we headed in. Sadly due to the bad weather the boats hadn't been out for quite a few weeks so the menu was somewhat shortened. In the end this didn't bother us at all. We opted for the fish stew & the fish gumbo; both were delicious!
The fish stew was rich & creamy & the gumbo was hearty & flavoursome. The serving sizes are quite generous, I was glad I ordered the small size gumbo, I don't think I could have finished a large.
The restaurant was quiet the night we went in but the service was spot on.
In summer I can imagine this place is manic, the view from the restaurant is amazing & the food is well priced. We paid £40 for three beverages (beer, mojito & a Thai rum) & two main courses.
We would definitely recommend this place for a good seafood meal.

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

My new favourite place. Lovely staff, delicious food and a great atmosphere. Rum choice is incredible and the bar man brought different selections to fit our taste. Will be coming back in May and I cannot wait to return! It's a must visit!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We visited on Saturday 15 Feb after a wonderful day in St Ives. We loved the look of the menu and we weren't dissapointed at all! The service from the word go was impeccable and we felt really looked after by all the staff. The range on the menu was great, loads to chose from and when the food came it was delicious. I can highly recommend the fishermans platter! Also the rum cocktails were pretty tasty and as a rum fan it was a treat to see such a variety. All round an excellent night out and felt totally relaxed and had great time! Don't change a thing guys you're great!

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in here for pre dinner drinks, lovely and laid back, mass selection of Rums (so my Boyf was very happy!) view of the harbour from most seats

1  Thank TEAR1978
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

First the starters there were three of us. I had the squid. It came out with warm mushy uncooked dough, they took it back. And can only presume they re fried the same squid. As it came out the second time brown, greasy and chewy. Didn't eat that. The mains came. My friend had whitefish. Was so thin and over cooked it was flat and chewy. She didn't eat that
I had the surf n turf. Shared my lobster which was chewy n cold with whitefish friend. And the steak was like an old boot. My other friend didn't like the starter she shared with other friend. In the end all my food was left except the lobster. So no filet for me on my Birthday. They refunded whitefish. But she can't eat money really bad all around, No manager came out to sort or see our issues. No chef. Nothing. Just the same waiter coming back with more bad Results. Don't waste your money. BIG DISAPPOINTMENT

1  Thank LuckysJoy