“Fab view”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Best fish & chips in St. Ives with a great view out of the window. have come here for last 4/5 years. Staff lovely and always welcoming. beautifully clean.

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I would like to start this review by saying I had a cheeseburger here and it was wonderful. However my main pointer on the food is that it is widely just british fish related. This is not a flaw of the restaurant however as the fish was in fact beautiful and sourced locally. The chips accompanying were huge and so there is no need to complain about value. We spoke to the owner's mother who was very nice and helpful and although it took a while to receive the meal, it was very much worth it. Hope this helps!

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

There is a great view across the beach and harbour, especially when the sea is coming in.
I suggest you get a window seat.
Sometimes you have to wait abit to get a table.
You have to climb stairs to get there and I don't think there is a lift.
Very yummy food and polite staff!

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Fine tender fish, lovely scampi, good sized chips and salad plates that are beautifully and neatly presented. Views of the harbour and beach are fab and the staff were just great with everything - even my picky dad (who wolfed down his meal). I just would have preferred a few more chips with my large meal, but mine was the only one lacking out of the four of us. Neat, colourful and friendly. Great time!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We visit the Kingfisher every time we visit St Ives. Unfortunately our visit this year was spoilt by having to wait almost an hour for our meal after the staff 'misplaced' our order & offered little by way of an apology. Cannot fault the quality of food but our visit was spoilt by poor service.