“Lovely Cafe!”

Description: Postcode TR26 1NX
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Lovely Cafe!”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We visited here last week, had a lovely lunch. Really lovely staff, great food (nice presentation, not your usual limp lettuce with a few crisps) food comes with fruit (huge chunks of pineapple and orange) and salad (that is green and fresh and lovely!) Cakes looked lush but we were so stuffed from salady goodness we didn't have room. Effortlessly shabby chic. I would eat lunch there every day but the 9 hour round trip would be dreadful.

1 Thank OwlH00t

Poole, United Kingdom
“Let down”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Myself and my other half visited Cornwall for a week and on our first day we visited St Ives. We love it there! I desperately wanted a Cornish cream tea and we spotted a sign for Olives just up the hill from the harbour side. The place was small but cute and the cakes on their counter looked fab! We sat at a 4 seated table because my other half is over 6ft tall. He struggles to get his legs into a 2 seater plus there were already 2 couples sat at 4 seater tables and the staff were happy to serve us there. We ordered our cream teas which were fantastic when they arrived. A family of 4 came in and there were only 2 seater tables left. So as I took my first bite of my scone we were asked to move to accommodate the family of 4. I would have been happy to move if I wasn't eating. The other 2 couples had finished eating yet we were the ones asked to move. And once we had moved one of the other couples said they were leaving so the family took their table anyway! It's a shame because our cream teas were lovely. Just bear in mind you might be asked to move if you sit on a 4 seater table. No matter your size or if you're eating.

Todmorden, United Kingdom
“Tasty handy friendly”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Friendly staff we relented to a small cake which was very lovely sal says the cappuccino was like at spoons but we like spoons coffee too

1 Thank JaneVeryWild
“Lovely little cafe”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Great little cafe, friendly staff and an excellent cream tea - scones to die for - a real gem! A bit off the beaten track behind the harbour but well worth a visit.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Excellent cream tea off the beaten track”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Found this place by accident really and popped in for a spot of lunch. The salads were very nice and very filling and the cream tea scone was delicious. A rather snug little cafe but very nicely done and quaint.

Unfortunately, nobody had any room left to try any of the fabulous looking cakes on the counter but never mind, maybe next time.

• Visited June 2014