“great place !”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2013

me and friends ate here last night was great busy little place only had a few tables left when we arrived but managed to seat us straight away, we had mussels in lemon sauce which is nice as lots of places put it in cream or sauce so was a refreshing change, fried mackerel and tomato, scollops and prawn with cherizo now i have to say not just prawns, 3 massive prawns in cherizo, white wine chilli and garlic very nice .....followed with linguine pesce a fish of the day bowl of pasta in a pesto and herb sauce very lovely, and spag bol, meatballs and lasagne all of us menitioned how lovely and fresh the food was, i would recomend this place again and again

1  Thank Steve B

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Not having booked on a very busy night in St Ives we found this restaurant. The staff were very friendly and found us a really nice table. I had Monkfish, my wife Sea Bass and my unbelievably fussy son had Meatballs. All 3 of us loved our food. Everyone was really nice and helpful. Having got back and read the reviews on this restaurant I can only say it wasn't the experience we had and would thoroughly recommend it.

2  Thank BradP7568
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We Came to this restaurant whilst on Holiday in St Ives. When we arrived we were told there were no tables available but the young lad said he could fit us in in an hour or so and took our names down. When we came back it was very quiet but were still left standing at the door for 10 minutes whilst waitresses walked past us , nobody acknowledging our presence.
When we were finally seated it was another 15 minutes before a waitress came over and took a drink order to which i was astounded when told I couldnt order a glass of rose wine as it was only available by the bottle!! Crazy!
When we finally ordered and our food arrived , what a dissapointment. I had the Calzone , which was dry and tasteless. My daughters Carbonara was cold. However , My other daughter ordered the lasagne which she did enjoy
The food was just not authentic italian , more like something you would buy in a supermarket ready meal. The staff were very unatentive and just seemed to not to be bothered. A real waste of an evening on a family holiday.

2  Thank Colette E
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I came to the restaurant with high hopes, my parents had been a year or two ago and remembered the food being lovely. However, I was incredibly disappointed when I received my main of mushroom risotto - possibly the worst risotto I have ever eaten - which was watery, overcooked and bland. I sent back the risotto and was told my staff I could order something else but it took another 20 minutes before anyone came to ask me for another order. Considering that the restaurant was not visibly busy, the rest of the table were eating and the food had been sent back I thought that the restaurant would have tried to pay a little more attention to our table. In the end I decided not to risk another main and opted to eat pudding instead, which to their credit was very nice.

The staff, although very amenable, seemed highly disorganised. The table next to us were given the wrong meal and two gentlemen who were sitting behind us left after about 20/25 minutes as nobody had come to take any orders.

On the whole, the service was slow and disorganised, although the staff were very friendly and seemed willing to help when asked, and the food was a little hit and miss

2  Thank S363
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Have had good meals here on previous years but not this year I am afraid. There seems to be a trend in the reviews and mine is no exception. We are a group of 12 and eat out at least 4 or 5 times when we visit St Ives for a week in August and therefore as there are many places to eat in St Ives, only the good (not necessarily the most expensive) get our custom regularly. We will not be visiting this place next year.

The only bright point was a young man who was looking after us and who tried his best to please, was charming but it seemed to him that it was embarassing at times. The food was not awful, just average and in our view not worth the money. The restaurant was quiet and lacking atmosphere. It was a Sunday evening and it seemed that there were lots of items (starters, mains, wine, limoncella,....) that were no longer available which we found strange.

Service was slow and so did not help in our experience. Overall it was just average.

2  Thank FamilleMac