“A lovely introduction to St Ives - recommended”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of LordRyans

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Ives
LordRyans
Ranked #49 of 102 St Ives B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A lovely introduction to St Ives - recommended”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

My partner and I stayed for three nights in the Studio Apartment which we found to be very comfortable and clean. It was decorated in a seaside theme and all furnishings appeared new and in good repair. The room was clean tidy and warm. The bathroom facilities were small but more than adequate. The shower was easy to use and always warm.

Mariana was a pleasant host and helpful.

Breakfast is continental. There is always more than enough to go around but it may not be to everyone's liking and a traditional breakfast would have been preferred.

Location is OK. St Ives is hilly and LordRyans is positionned on a hill meaning that return trips can be tiring. I would say that this is the only factor that let down the property. If you are elderly then you must consider its location carefully.

Overall a lovely introduction to St Ives and I would definitely recommend this establishment to friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
marlow.uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed there with my Mum and 5 years old Son.
This b&B is A MUST.
Mariana was such a lovely hosts,nothing was too much trouble.Pretty and very clean room.
Cant wait to go back!!!
Thank You for making us so welcome!
Agnieszka.

Winchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Last week I stayed for 4 nights at Lord Ryan’s House. I was in the room next to the dining room and entrance, which the website mentions can be noisy at times. I had no problem at all, which might have been because all that sea air and healthy walking tired me out, but I like to think that in general, people are considerate! The room is beautifully decorated, and very comfortable.

There is an excellent selection of yummy things for Continental breakfast, including plenty of fresh fruit, and the fridge, kettle, etc are available for use at any time.

The B&B is perfectly situated for getting to most places. It’s not far from the Tate Gallery, as well as the harbour and town centre. The Leach Pottery is an easy walk - uphill, but more of a gentle incline than some. I walked to and from the station, which is mostly fairly easy, but avoid Windsor Hill, which doesn’t look much on the map, but is almost vertical!

Mariana is friendly and very welcoming, and has thought of everything for an enjoyable visit. I’m not sure when I’ll next be in Cornwall, but I’m absolutely sure of where I intend to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Mrs Mariana is a perfect host, her apartments are very clean and comfortable, it's all very good value for money, the abundant continental breakfast buffet really is worth a try, and they are a nice family. St Ives is absolutely gorgeous, with its 3 stunningly large sandy, golden beaches. Worth it. Very good for families with children - and pet-friendly!

Room Tip: Only one room available for pets, so book early.
Reigate, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

The atmosphere was so friendly, the staff were welcoming and easy to chat to. The rooms were beautifully decorated, clean and comfortable. The location was ideal and allowed us to get wherever we were going quickly. The breakfast each day was delicious and freshly prepared. The dining room was open and airy and allow for a lot of sunlight, a wonderful place to eat. The guest house was comfortable and easygoing. I rarely sleep well when away from home, but this was not the case here. I would recommend Lord Ryans to anyone and plan on visiting again myself.

Room Tip: We stayed in the room with the twin beds. It was comfortable and beautifully decorated. All the room...
Reigate, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Lord Ryans has an informal, friendly atmosphere in a beautifully designed interior. My daughter & I stayed in room no.4 - the twin/double - which is bathed in that famous St Ives light. It has a delightful seaside theme in white and blue, cheerful artwork on the walls, comfortable beds and everything else we needed for our short break. The sumptuous self-service breakfast provided an excellent start to the day, with more yummy options than we could handle. Extremely friendly and accommodating - and perfectly located for visits to the Tate gallery. I'll definitely be coming back in the future.

Room Tip: The rooms are completely different from one another. Check the website to select the one that fits y...
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

A warm and happy atmosphere, delicious freshly prepared breakfast, clean comfy beds and showers, great location. Basically it felt like staying at your family's house - kettle available in the kitchen if you wanted tea and some cookies. We couldn't have felt more welcome (didn't want to leave). At a very affordable price, the en suite double room is perfect for a couple or anyone who wants a bit more privacy. This place leaves very lovely memories and we would definitely come back, and recommend to anyone going.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple