“Huge portions of food”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: It's a Wetherspoons pub
Reviewed April 5, 2013

A friend and I were in St Ives during Easter. We spotted this spacious restaurant and ordered FIsh n Chips. The huge platters of food had some special offers and for 2 of us, this was at incredibly good price

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Obviously a fairly new establishment. The staff were helpful and knowledgeable, and the decor very good. We enjoyed well cooked meals here on two nights of our stay in St Ives. I would certainly use it again if in town. The local Cornish cider was good

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Compared with other establishments in same group this was a total let down. At 4.30pm on Thursday 21st March They only had 2 choices left from the menu. Nothing to say only a limited menu was being used. As an example Ham, egg and chips could not be prepared as they had NO EGGS. We tried 4 other items before we found anything and 3 types of beer that were advertised had run out. Not a great start for a new venture.

1  Thank Neil-KAG
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The food is fairly average and doesn't seem very fresh. The staff are not overly polite. The place has no atmosphere and is dull and dark.

2  Thank frillyhatnat
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I'm used to the Penzance "Spoons" which is very dirty, badly run and more like some kind of illegal back street club, matched only by some of patrons who frequent it!

So when I tried the St. Ives one I was very happy to see it's CLEAN brightly lit and has friendly bar staff.

I wouldn't mind eating in the Hain Line, I think I would be pleased however I haven't tried the food myself so I can't rate it yet for sure.

But the beer is fresh! It's the only bar in Cornwall where i've seen the pipes being cleaned at the end of a night and anyway, who'd have thought someone could turn Iso Bar into such a bright place?

1  Thank BrsTravellerUK