“Great fun!”

St Ives Surf School
Ranked #1 of 12 Tours in St Ives
More attraction details
Owner description: Ocean based fun in the heart of Cornwall. Surf, SUP, Kayak and Coasteering activities in a fun, safe and friendly environment.
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Great fun!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I'm in my 30's and don't have kids but I had a great time with the St Ives Surf School.

My sister and I did the 2 hour surf lesson, which was pitched at our level and great fun, and knackering!

We had signed up for the Sea Kayaking but got a call from Harris to say conditions weren't good so had to cancel, which I thought was fair and responsible.

My sister and I did the Coasteering and we loved it! We were well looked after and felt we were in safe hands. It was great clambering over rocks and jumping off ledges.

The staff were friendly, professional and a good laugh.

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great fun”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Great 2 hours of tuition learning to surf....great instructors, really good fun and burns off calories from all the fabulous cakes and food consumed.......

Bedfordshire
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Surf's up”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I had one 2 hour group lesson at £30 at the end of my holiday. Wished I'd signed up earlier for the three lesson deal at £75.
It was a cold day but the waves were moderate and the instruction was excellent. Wet suit and shoes provided within the price.
Basic changing rooms simple shower facilities and could have done with some hot water.
Great value.

Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic surfing!!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I had an amazing time with St Ives Surf School!! The instructors were all really friendly and great fun :0) I had 3 2 hour lessons for £75 and was worth every penny and by the end of my third lesson I was surfing the waves!! An amazing experience and will continue with this great sport...will definitely go back to St Ives Surf School when I am next in St Ives.
Thank you to everyone for teaching me to surf!!

Visited April 2014
Dartmouth, United Kingdom
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Excellent time surfing”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I had 5 consecutive lessons at St Ives Surf School around mid-April, and I would suggest 5 lessons as it is quite worth the money at £20 per lesson overall (breakdown for each 2 hour session is 30, 30, 15, 20, free). Water was cold but the equipment hired was really good. The surf conditions weren't the best and I was still pretty bad at surfing but despite that each lesson the various instructors would put their best to tailor to our level of surfing to help us progress. The instructors were all really experienced, friendly and most importantly enthusiastic about reaching us which made each lesson very fun. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in St Ives thanks to the time I had at Porthmeor beach which is a beautiful beach and excellent location for a surf school. My only issue perhaps is the lack of proper shower facilities which made washing up a bit difficult. But apart from that I really enjoyed myself and I would like to sincerely thank all the instructors for making my time in St Ives enjoyable and memorable.

Shao Hao