Arriving for what promised to be a wet weekend in cornwall was turned in to a perfect getaway and a real treat by the staff at the Porthminster/Harbour hotel and wonderful St Ives. The changes that were well under way on my last visit appear to have been wonderfully implemented, the bar and restaurant being the star attractions of the hotel, truly stunning views from which to sip an early evening (and well earned) glass of wine. The management seem to have all in order and nothing was too much trouble, we were again made to feel very much at ease and truly welcomed by the reception staff and the restaurant service was fantastic. The food is served in a beautiful environment, really classy. There are lots of great places to eat in St Ives but really it's hard to beat the restaurant for ambiance in the evenings and breakfast is a joy looking out over the sea. Locally I visited Cape Cornwall for the first time on teh advice of the management and it was truly stunning, I promised myself I will pack my golf clubs next time to have a go at the course there! Of course St Ives has the usual gift shops, art galleries/shops etc and it all made up to a lovely visit, nice and quiet out of season with great food, dramatic views, cosy pubs and the best bed i have ever slept in!! Top stuff and I will visit (yet)again..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa is perfectly positioned directly above Porthminster beach boasting stunning views across the water. Watch as the waves lap against the famous Godrevy Lighthouse in the distance and feel your troubles disappear. Explore the local harbour, as you meander through the cobbled streets, and then return for dinner at the Terrace Restaurant, serving up seasonal and local food, along with stunning sea views. The Harbour Spa provides the perfect hideaway, as you indulge in a soothing treatment and then unwind by the pool, gazing out to sea from the comfort of a lounger! Enjoy an indulgent afternoon tea, cocktail or light lunch on the alfresco dining terrace and soak up the sea air and sensational views. The 46 bedrooms offer complete comfort and some of the Superior Bedrooms have balconies - a perfect place to relax over a morning coffee with the papers or afternoon tea watching the boats sail by... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, HRS, Cancelon, Priceline, Agoda, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porthminster Hotel St Ives
- Porthminster St Ives
- St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa St Ives, Cornwall