St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa
The Garrack Hotel(St Ives)(Great Value!)
$89
$107
$99
$239
  • Breakfast included
The Gannet Inn(Carbis Bay)
$233
Cottage Hotel(Carbis Bay)
$95
  • Breakfast included
1,629 results
All reviewssea viewcar parkwedding venuevisited this hoteloverlooking the beachbuilding workpublic areasout of seasonamazing viewsfish and chipsshort breaklovely roomnight breakfull englishjacuzziivesst
Reviewed November 9, 2010

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Porhminster in October. It was perfection down to every last detail. The hotel's renovation looks amazing and our honeymoon suite was fabulous. The Harbour suite where we had our wedding breakfast looks amazing and the views are stunning..we had a really hot and sunny day!!
The food was out of this world. You expect good food when dining in a restaurant but I was taken aback with the quality of the food even though they were serving over 110 people. All my guests commented on how delicious the food was and the menu is very varied for weddings. It is brilliant as you can have a choice of different foods for your guests to choose before the wedding which is a brilliant idea and not many hotels will do this for weddings. It also meant that all the guests could choose a meal that they really liked. Rebecca the wedding event organiser was brilliant and couldn't have been more helpful during the months before the wedding and on the day itself.
The evening reception was brilliant and the resident DJ was awesome! I can not fault this hotel at all and would reccommend it to anyone thinking of going there and especially to those thinking of having their wedding reception there. the only bad point is that the day went too quickly. I will definately be going back to the porthminster for meals as it is probably amongst the best food i have ever had! Thank you so much for making our wedding very special.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrsdavey
Reviewed November 5, 2010

We stayed for a short break to get away from London. We arrived at the hotel late at night. Our first impressions were not good as the reception area was a bit tired and smelt of food. Parking is very restricted but we handed our car keys to the porter who wedged our car into the carpark so it was not an issue.

We had a family suite. This consisted of 2 bedrooms and a bathroom. Our bedroom was spacious with lots of storage, a big bed and a great sea view although no balcony. Also had a iron and ironing board which is always handy although I didn't use it. The other bedroom was a twin, no sea view, not as attractive but perfectly okay. The bathroom was fine, although the shower had no pressure. I think this is fairly common in hotels so I wouldn't say it was a black mark. My friend stayed in another room and had a power shower which worked a treat, so I guess it is luck of the drawer. The towels were large and really fluffy - great!!

The dining room has a beautiful view and has recently been refurbished as has the bar and lounge. All looked really good. The ladies cloakroom has also been refurbished to a high standard, don't know about the men's. Now for the food - the breakfast was just okay. I had poached eggs a couple of times and they were fine but the scrambled eggs were cold although they were served with a massive amount of smoked salmon. In general though I thought the breakfast a little mean. We ate in the hotel one night but it had very little atmosphere and my portion was far too small - tasted nice but not enough of it, too expensive. I complained to the management the next day who gave us a round of free drinks to make up for it.

I would stay here again when the indoor swimming pool is open again. As this was October the outdoor pool was closed and full of green water, they just needed to put a cover on it. All in all we enjoyed our stay, was a good hotel in a lovely location.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank minniesafrica
Reviewed November 5, 2010

We booked a 2 night dinner, bed and breakfast break through Travelzoo and spent a very comfortable and pleasant time at this hotel.

Reception was efficient and the reception staff themselves very welcoming. Our room, sea-facing, was a good size, clean and tidy with a large double bed, two armchairs, complimentary bottled water and a welcome pack of biscuits. The en-suite was warm and clean with excellent fluffy large bath towels - always a good sign!

We ate dinner in the restaurant on both evenings and were allowed to select dishes from both the table d'hote and the a la carte menus at no extra cost. We thought that the food was of a high quality and the Restaurant Supervisors (different on each night) were efficient, welcoming and knowledgeable. They are obviously still training some members of the restaurant staffs but overall it was a pleasant experience. Breakfasts were slightly less successful with cold plates and cold food on two occasions.

The hotel has recently undergone a full refurbishment and this is reflected in the quality of the decor and furnishings throughout the whole building. It is located a short walk (downhill) from the centre of St Ives, itself worth a visit (probably best out of season) and close to the railway station.

Overall, a hotel and staff that deserves to succeed. Thank you for our stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank justSKIing
Reviewed November 2, 2010

Nice place to stay some areas of hotel are in need of refurbishment carpets looking a little worn and paint work needs touching up in corridors and halls. Stayed in a twin bedroom which was a little small to what we are use to, beds really comfortable bathroom tastefully decorated. Car parking is not the ideal as space is very limited.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
PorthminsterManager, Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2010

Dear c0leman

Thank you for your review, I am glad that you found the service, cleanliness and location to be of a good standard.

As you have witnessed we are undergoing some substantial upgrades and once fully completed, these will give us a fantastic hotel - this is our goal!

I do hope you would consider a future stay as I am confident you would witness further inroads in our hotel. Should you wish to revisit please do let me know so I can personally attend to the booking and extend to you every courtesy.

Many thanks again

Reviewed October 28, 2010

Both myself and my husband could not have had a better place to represent Cornwall to all our wedding guests who mostly had come from ourside of the County. Rebecca and the team looked after us so well from day one. The venue, food and service were outstanding, along with the gorgeous Honey Moon suite, we only wish we could have stayed longer! Would strongly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2010