We stayed for a short break to get away from London. We arrived at the hotel late at night. Our first impressions were not good as the reception area was a bit tired and smelt of food. Parking is very restricted but we handed our car keys to the porter who wedged our car into the carpark so it was not an issue.
We had a family suite. This consisted of 2 bedrooms and a bathroom. Our bedroom was spacious with lots of storage, a big bed and a great sea view although no balcony. Also had a iron and ironing board which is always handy although I didn't use it. The other bedroom was a twin, no sea view, not as attractive but perfectly okay. The bathroom was fine, although the shower had no pressure. I think this is fairly common in hotels so I wouldn't say it was a black mark. My friend stayed in another room and had a power shower which worked a treat, so I guess it is luck of the drawer. The towels were large and really fluffy - great!!
The dining room has a beautiful view and has recently been refurbished as has the bar and lounge. All looked really good. The ladies cloakroom has also been refurbished to a high standard, don't know about the men's. Now for the food - the breakfast was just okay. I had poached eggs a couple of times and they were fine but the scrambled eggs were cold although they were served with a massive amount of smoked salmon. In general though I thought the breakfast a little mean. We ate in the hotel one night but it had very little atmosphere and my portion was far too small - tasted nice but not enough of it, too expensive. I complained to the management the next day who gave us a round of free drinks to make up for it.
I would stay here again when the indoor swimming pool is open again. As this was October the outdoor pool was closed and full of green water, they just needed to put a cover on it. All in all we enjoyed our stay, was a good hotel in a lovely location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa is perfectly positioned directly above Porthminster beach boasting stunning views across the water. Watch as the waves lap against the famous Godrevy Lighthouse in the distance and feel your troubles disappear. Explore the local harbour, as you meander through the cobbled streets, and then return for dinner at the Terrace Restaurant, serving up seasonal and local food, along with stunning sea views. The Harbour Spa provides the perfect hideaway, as you indulge in a soothing treatment and then unwind by the pool, gazing out to sea from the comfort of a lounger! Enjoy an indulgent afternoon tea, cocktail or light lunch on the alfresco dining terrace and soak up the sea air and sensational views. The 46 bedrooms offer complete comfort and some of the Superior Bedrooms have balconies - a perfect place to relax over a morning coffee with the papers or afternoon tea watching the boats sail by... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HRS, Agoda, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porthminster Hotel St Ives
- Porthminster St Ives
- St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa St Ives, Cornwall