St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa
  • Pool
$145
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
The Gannet Inn(Carbis Bay)
$236
Western Hotel(St Ives)
$124
The Regent(St Ives)
Cottage Hotel(Carbis Bay)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
1,620 results
All reviewssea viewcar parkwedding venuevisited this hoteloverlooking the beachbuilding workpublic areasout of seasonamazing viewsshort breaklovely roomnight breakjacuzzirebeccaharbourstives
Reviewed April 1, 2009

My husband and I got married here 24th May 2008 and stayed for 3 nights, 20 members of our family also stayed here for 2 nights. St Ives is a fantastic location with plenty of character, shops, restaurants and beaches.

We had a wonderful wedding day, our ceremony room the St Eia, is a beautiful room with huge windows looking out to the sea and tastefully decorated. There is a bar lounge with windows running the length of the room with wonderful sea views. We had our reception in the Selda room which comfortably accommodated 70 people, again had lovely views of the sea. It has it's own bar, comfortable seating areas, an outside garden area.
My mother and I dressed all the tables for reception the day before the wedding as I didnt want to leave the table layout and design to the staff as I wanted it to be perfect. The hotel manager was the wedding co-ordinator but didn't have a dedicated wedding team, so didn't want any old member of staff to decorate my reception tables!

The wedding breakfast (roast) and the evening buffet was really tasty and good quality.
The porthminster beach is a lovely place for memorable wedding photos!

We used local companies for the cake, flowers and photography. I would recommend Cakes by Design in Camborne and Wheal Sara Flowers in St Ives.

Our guests had a wonderful time too, so if you're looking for a wedding venue by the sea with all the trimmings that won't cost you the earth this is the place.

My husband and I had a huge beautiful room with a four poster bed and a wonderful balcony that looked over the bay of St Ives (but it was the best suite in the hotel as we were getting married there!)

Other members of the family had paid less for their rooms and really did vary in quality, from spacious and well decorated with sea views to rooms that hadn't been re-decorated and were actually quite shabby, which was quite embarassing as the hotel rates are ridiculously expensive for the quality e.g. at that time of year for a basic sea view room is £95 PER PERSON per night!
It's a small thing but the hallways and some sitting areas are dated and really need redecorating.

The cooked breakfast was very good which satisfied my husband! We can't comment on dinner as we chose to eat down in the town for our evening meals as there is lots of choice.

Parking is across the road, it's not very big considering it's catering for a large hotel, you have to give your car keys in at reception as they move cars about and park them close together to accommodate more cars.

Overall we are glad we chose the Porthminster Hotel for our wedding venue as it gave us everything we needed. We heard from the staff that it is being taken over and along with that comes renovation so hopefully will improve some parts of the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2008
2  Thank KGryce
Reviewed March 28, 2009

We were looking forward to our stay, having read the reviews, and from the outside it looked really special, lovely sea views and pleasant reception area.
The room was very disappointing, it was as if it was in a time warp, very old basic decor and furniture. The TV was also very old, the remote didn't work properly, the windows rattled and were stuffed with paper to try and stop the noise (didn't work)...bottles constantly being deposited in the bottle bank below the window, coffee grains left from previous user of the coffee pot..the list could go on..
On the plus side, I guess we got what we paid for, as it was a good deal, but the room was small and on top of the road junction, hense the dirty widows..the breakfast was very good and the views from the dining and lounge area were very nice.
I wouldn't stay there again no matter what the price.

2  Thank highhhexpectations
PorthminsterManager, Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2009

Dear highhhexpectations

I am so sorry the standard of accommodation you were allocated failed to meet both your expectations and our normal high standard.

We are currently refurbishing all our standard rooms, unfortunately the room you were allocated was one of the last to be addressed and as such it is our 'last let' room, hence it was available at a very low discounted rate.

We currently have just 10 remaining non-refurbished rooms, having completed 4 in the last week. Happily we are on-track to have these all entirely refurbished for our summer season.

I am so sorry we failed to exceed your expectations, however, I am cheered that you enjoyed both the breakfast and our location. I would like to attempt to reinstall your faith in the hotel and to that end if you would care to contact me directly I would like to invite you back, as my guest to demonstrate our usual standard of accommodation.

My apologies again for your disappointing experience with us last week.

Reviewed March 25, 2009

We have just returned from Cornwall, having celebrated a special birthday at Porthminster Hotel in St Ives. The staff were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble, we had a table for dinner for 14, the food was excellent, and we all had a very good evening!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank marylous
Reviewed March 8, 2009

My husband and I stayed for one night, the hotel was only 5 minutes from the train station and beach.We got a good deal on the price.We were given an upgrade to a room with a seaview -the hotel was amazing.We used the indoor pool as well as the jacuzzi and the breakfast was delicious.The receptionist, Lindsay was very friendly and helpful.The town was only a 10 minute walk.I would recommend this place to everyone.

Reviewed March 4, 2009

We stayed at the Porthminster recently and enjoyed every minute of it. The hotel is in a very convenient location and has free parking which is worth a lot in St Ives, it takes about 5 minutes to walk into town and about 10 minutes to walk back as it is uphill all the way. The room was overlooking the sea and if you can book a seaview it is worth it. The breakfast was very enjoyable, there was cereals, pastries, fruit and a menu where you could choose from a full Cornish breakfast, kippers, smoked salmon etc. It was cooked to order and always hot and very tasty. The staff are very good in this hotel always willing to help.
I think they are refurbisihing some of the rooms, ours was not, but saying that it was very clean and comfortable with everything to hand. I would recommend this hotel as a good base to see the beautiful surroundings that Cornwall has to offer.

2  Thank blueandwhitehoops