Yes, this gets a 5-circle rating from us!
This is because we very much got value for money at this hotel and thoroughly enjoyed.
We booked 2 nights through "Secret Escapes" website and another 2 directly with the hotel.
Our room was upgraded from "partial" sea-view to full sea view, without even asking!
The staff were, without exception, excellent and the management should be very proud of this, for it makes a big difference! The reception staff were so helpful, the porters were great, the bar/restaurant staff polite, the cleaners efficient, wonderful spa-staff, and Julie...you're a gem!!
Thank you to the staff, brilliant!
Breakfast was excellent, freshly cooked, tasty, not greasy, plenty of options and variety. And a view over Porthminster beach second to none.
The room was lovely, nicely furnished, big enough, lovely bedding, comfy beds, tea and coffee and biscuits. Bathroom was spotlessly clean, fab "rain" shower, lovely long bath. And, once again, a wonderful view over the beach.
The spa was clean, well run. Maybe only 6 beds at the side of the pool is not enough, although it was pretty quiet when we were there. Spa treatments were good, especially the hot-stones-massage.
Parking was across the road, and the car-porter was very helpful. Also it's a lovely 5-10 minute walk into the centre of St Ives.
Minor negative............the corridors creak a lot and the sound insulation isn't great!
I stayed at this hotel in a previous life, some 15 years ago; it was tired and chintzy and not very nice. Now the Harbour Hotel group have taken it over, it is the complete opposite.
We're frequent visitors to the wonderful town of St Ives. Out of season it is heaven!
We certainly hope to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa is perfectly positioned directly above Porthminster beach boasting stunning views across the water. Watch as the waves lap against the famous Godrevy Lighthouse in the distance and feel your troubles disappear. Explore the local harbour, as you meander through the cobbled streets, and then return for dinner at the Terrace Restaurant, serving up seasonal and local food, along with stunning sea views. The Harbour Spa provides the perfect hideaway, as you indulge in a soothing treatment and then unwind by the pool, gazing out to sea from the comfort of a lounger! Enjoy an indulgent afternoon tea, cocktail or light lunch on the alfresco dining terrace and soak up the sea air and sensational views. The 46 bedrooms offer complete comfort and some of the Superior Bedrooms have balconies - a perfect place to relax over a morning coffee with the papers or afternoon tea watching the boats sail by... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, HRS, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, LateRooms, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porthminster Hotel St Ives
- Porthminster St Ives
- St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa St Ives, Cornwall