“I can give no higher praise ...”

St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in St Ives
Southampton, United Kingdom
“I can give no higher praise ...”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We visited this hotel as a prospective venue for our forthcoming wedding. Although we booked a room to stay the night, unfortunately our plans changed and we had to head home sooner than expected. We therefore arrived entirely unannounced but within 10 minutes we had the personal attention of the Deputy Manager and a member of staff from Head Office who happened to be there (even the General Manager introduced himself and welcomed us warmly!). We were given a full tour of the hotel and facilities and at no point did I feel rushed or hurried which, when considering we arrived unannounced and unexpected, is a testament to the professionalism of this hotel. Every member of staff we encountered were respectful, welcoming and couldn't do enough for us. I am therefore surprised to read the reviews here faulting the service. Of course the views are stunning, the location is incredible, the decor and interior are of the highest standard; it was however the relaxed, warm and professional welcome we received from the staff which led us to book this hotel as our wedding venue that very night. I can give no higher praise than this.

1 Thank c7m3d
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. I remember you both well and hope that you enjoyed your tour of the Hotel. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do to help with your forthcoming Wedding ? All the team are all looking forward to hosting it here at the Hotel. Kind regards Peter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
sunderland
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We very much enjoyed our stay,in this Victorian hotel it is full of character and old school charm,sash windows,high ceilings,sweeping staircase,it has spectacular views from the stylish terrace where you can relax with pre-dinner drinks,the spa is modern,and has all the treatments,steam,sauna,pool.on offer you would need. I found a couple of the female staff in the spa,could have been a little more helpful when asked about bookings/times ect,but the reception/dining/bar/ and housekeeping staff were excellent very friendly,professional and helpful.

Room Tip: We opted for a garden room,as the sea view was a lot more but you could still see a little of the se...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for taking the time to write such a positive and constructive review. I am delighted you enjoyed you stay at the Hotel and found the staff to be extremely friendly and professional. Hurry back to the Hotel soon. Kind regards Peter
Englefield Green
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Wonderful views of St Ives and the sea. Delicious food, breakfast and dinner were superb. the terrace js lovely for a cocktail. Very friendly staff. The bed was a super king and there is tea/coffee making facility in the room. The indoor pool and spa were good too. . We will be back!

Room Tip: In our opinion it's worth paying for the sea view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for such a great review. I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your time at the Hotel. I will ensure all your fabulous comments are passed onto the team. I hope to see you at the Hotel again soon. Kind regards Peter
Reviewed September 13, 2013

On arrival very little help with parking directions. Our luggage was left unattended in the lobby for hours, even when the room was ready. There was no-one to help us with it, and we had to carry it up one flight and down a long flight of stairs to get to our room. We had the same scenario when we left.....they had to find a kitchen staff member to bring up the luggage. They had no explanation or real apology.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review although on this occasion not one that we like to be associated with. I am sorry the parking was a problem which is a concern as we do provide a 24 hour porter service for this reason and also to cater for the distribution of luggage. I hope that you may contact me personally in the future so I can talk this through with you and encourage you to come and give the Hotel an opportunity to shine.
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Used the spa facilities and was impressed with the whole experience. Sat on the terrace enjoying the views. Staff very friendly and helpful. Back massage was wonderful. Didnt actually stay overnight but rooms have been refurbished to a high standard. Within walking distance of the beautiful town of St.Ives. Would not hesitate to recommend the hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for posting a lovely review on the Spa and the Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed the Harbour Hotel day spa experience. Hope to see you back at the Hotel again soon. Kind regards Peter
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We have just returned from a 3 day stay. This place is not only in a great location with amazing views it is also very well run and attended by a great team who do their utmost to look after you. It feels like a luxury experience all the way.

The breakfast is excellent and even though the breakfast room can be a bit busy at certain times, the staff are great at keeping the tables in rotation so you never have to wait long. Of course everyone wants to sit by the window! Breakfast is really good , great poached eggs!

The food we had was delicious, We had lunch a couple of times and i can highly recommend the crab cakes and the burger!

The Spa area is modern and clean . Pool and jacuzzi also great and like the whole hotel still have great views. Thanks to Helen who gave me 2 excellent treatments. She was very professional and I left feeling totally relaxed - which was the idea.

All in all a great stay so a BIG thank you due to all of the team . We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for the 5 star review. I am delighted you enjoyed your three days at the Hotel. It is great to receive such positive feedback, it really does produce a feel good factor with the staff. Many thanks Peter
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our mini moon, the room was beautifully decorated with stunning views overlooking the sea. The bed was comfortable and the bath huge with lovely toiletries and hot water.
We arrived early after a long journey. a lovely man met us in the carpark, parked our car and carried our luggage to our room.
The spa was amazing, the Jacuzzi lovely and pool amazing.
A three course meal was included in the price, the menu had good choice, we opted for fish and chips and may I add it was the best fish and chips I have ever tasted the fish so fresh it arrived timely as did the breakfast the next morning, the sausage very tasty, it was clear the ingredients were of high quality.

I loved it here and cant wait to return next year, the only negative on the tuesday morning myself and my husband went down to use the spa facilities, we were told a aqua aerobics session would be taking place which was fine however the aerobics instructor was very blunt and told us to switch the jaccuzzi off as it was hard for her member's to hear anything ( all 4 of them ) however then proceeded to pump music s loud as a night club, we at this point felt very unwelcome and got up and left the spa straight away which was disappointed as we wanted to make the most of the spa facilities.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and the food, rooms and location were to your liking. I hope you had a great 'mini moon' and that the aerobics instructor did not spoil your stay. I will be speaking to her about this. Hope to see you back for your anniversary. Kind regards Peter
Also consider these accommodations in or near St Ives
Pedn Olva Hotel
#4 of 21 in St Ives
Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay

Been to St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!