My husband and I stayed here for two nights in August. The room was okay but without a view and certainly not worth the price we paid. The staff were decidedly over-stretched and consequently seemed to have an air of frustration about them! Breakfast was nice (buffet and also cooked to order) but when we sat down on a free table (as we had been instructed) a waiter sarcastically said 'can I wipe it first' and sighed! Bar staff seemed to be unaware of guests near them, carrying on loud conversations rather inappropriately, and later I requested a peppermint tea sachet for the room but it never came, even after a reminder call. The hotel simply needs more staff, and also needs to focus on training them to ensure the service is worthy of the high room price.
The spa has a 48 cancellation policy although this was not mentioned to us when we booked. We tried to cancel the 'special offer' massages we booked on arrival as we needed to leave a little earlier on our last day but couldn't. Our departure was further hampered parking problems...the car park is small and porters park your car for you and hold on to the keys. On departure our car was blocked by another guest's car and unfortunately they had kept their keys. We had to wait an hour while the hotel tracked down the other guests. Also, on our final bill we had been charged for two meals and drinks that we had not had - you don't need to sign for meals taken so anyone can quote your room number and get a free meal!
It's a great location, just above Porthminster Beach, but it is not the luxurious hotel it is trying to be!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa is perfectly positioned directly above Porthminster beach boasting stunning views across the water. Watch as the waves lap against the famous Godrevy Lighthouse in the distance and feel your troubles disappear. Explore the local harbour, as you meander through the cobbled streets, and then return for dinner at the Terrace Restaurant, serving up seasonal and local food, along with stunning sea views. The Harbour Spa provides the perfect hideaway, as you indulge in a soothing treatment and then unwind by the pool, gazing out to sea from the comfort of a lounger! Enjoy an indulgent afternoon tea, cocktail or light lunch on the alfresco dining terrace and soak up the sea air and sensational views. The 46 bedrooms offer complete comfort and some of the Superior Bedrooms have balconies - a perfect place to relax over a morning coffee with the papers or afternoon tea watching the boats sail by... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porthminster Hotel St Ives
- Porthminster St Ives
- St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa St Ives, Cornwall