Maybe I am being slightly harsh by only giving 3 out of 5 overall however for me a hotel is all about getting a good night's sleep. The hotel's public areas have been decorated to an extremely high standard and sitting in the bar looking over the bay you feel like you are staying in a 5 star. The room we were allocated though, although acceptable was no way near this standard although it was huge and space was no issue.
The only reason I have not given this hotel 4 out of 5 is as I mentioned earlier, sleep quality. My girlfriend and went to bed at midnight and were falling asleep about half an hour later when a tremendous racket started. The noise I can only describe as sounding somewhat like a jet engine with worn out main bearings. The noise carried on for about 10 minutes then stopped.... Few. A few minutes later and it started again. By this time I was out of bed and investigating. It was only when I went into the bathroom and turned on the bath taps that I realised what the noise was. This is a tall building and the pumping system to get the water to the top floor was deafening. I can only assume it as on its way out as I have stayed plenty of tall buildings before and never encountered this before.
The room on one side chose to shower really late and the other side really early meaning only a 5 hour window to sleep. If it was not for this, I would have given 4 out of 5.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa is perfectly positioned directly above Porthminster beach boasting stunning views across the water. Watch as the waves lap against the famous Godrevy Lighthouse in the distance and feel your troubles disappear. Explore the local harbour, as you meander through the cobbled streets, and then return for dinner at the Terrace Restaurant, serving up seasonal and local food, along with stunning sea views. The Harbour Spa provides the perfect hideaway, as you indulge in a soothing treatment and then unwind by the pool, gazing out to sea from the comfort of a lounger! Enjoy an indulgent afternoon tea, cocktail or light lunch on the alfresco dining terrace and soak up the sea air and sensational views. The 46 bedrooms offer complete comfort and some of the Superior Bedrooms have balconies - a perfect place to relax over a morning coffee with the papers or afternoon tea watching the boats sail by... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porthminster Hotel St Ives
- Porthminster St Ives
- St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa St Ives, Cornwall