We booked in for a two night break in the hotel to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We were met by Mark, an extremely helpful and attentive and very chatty porter, who helped us to park our car in the hotel car park opposite. The reception staff were extremely pleasant and efficient and our room was delightful. Room 107 is superb, spacious with the most amazing large bay windows overlooking Porthminster Beach and Carbis Bay to the right with views to St Ives Harbour to the left. The hotel interior is stunning and clean and beautifully furnished. I had really been looking forward to a drink on the terrace but was disappointed by the amount of dirty glasses left lying around on the tables after guests had gone. You wouldn't expect this at such an establishment. There was a lot of seagull 'droppings' on the terrace and the terrace below the bar terrace.
The food in the restaurant was good, but we decided to eat in town on the second evening. The main problem in the restaurant was the lack of staff and the speed of service generally. At breakfast, we ordered some toast to enjoy with our breakfast but it arrived after we had finished. Little things like that just niggle and are irritating when you enjoy an otherwise pleasant stay.
Attention to detail is key.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa is perfectly positioned directly above Porthminster beach boasting stunning views across the water. Watch as the waves lap against the famous Godrevy Lighthouse in the distance and feel your troubles disappear. Explore the local harbour, as you meander through the cobbled streets, and then return for dinner at the Terrace Restaurant, serving up seasonal and local food, along with stunning sea views. The Harbour Spa provides the perfect hideaway, as you indulge in a soothing treatment and then unwind by the pool, gazing out to sea from the comfort of a lounger! Enjoy an indulgent afternoon tea, cocktail or light lunch on the alfresco dining terrace and soak up the sea air and sensational views. The 46 bedrooms offer complete comfort and some of the Superior Bedrooms have balconies - a perfect place to relax over a morning coffee with the papers or afternoon tea watching the boats sail by... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porthminster Hotel St Ives
- Porthminster St Ives
- St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa St Ives, Cornwall