The Harbour Spa is a nice hotel BUT not as nice as it thinks it is. It advertises itself as a boutique hotel however it does not provide the luxury and attention to detail a genuine boutique hotel would. It needs to either up it's game or lower it's expectations and prices and admit it is just a nice but not outstanding small chain hotel.
-Bulbs blown and not replaced before guests arrive
- Service in the restaurant was slow and unfriendly (25 mins between main course and dessert and it was not one of the items advertised as taking a while to prepare)
-TV in room not working
- Lint had built up on the hairdryer filter to such an extent it was a health hazard (not to mention unsightly!
-Fire escape notice tucked in wardrobe
-Many of the rooms are without phones but guests
are not told this and expected to use their phones for
-Reception left at just before 7pm on week nights (stayed longer at weekends)
- Shower and bath mechanisms unusual but no explanation on how they worked.
We made reception aware of the problems in the room the next day but only the fire notice (due to legal reasons?) was fixed.
Most of staff (apart from restaurant) friendly - if not always on the ball.
Good location with stunning views.
Nice beds with lovely Egyptian cotton sheets.
Would I stay again? Yes, but only if I could get a good deal. It is NOT worth the full price and is not the boutique hotel it purports to be. And I would eat out. The food in the restaurant sounds more gourmet than it tastes and the service is ridiculously slow. St Ives has a plethora of good restaurants to suit all budgets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa is perfectly positioned directly above Porthminster beach boasting stunning views across the water. Watch as the waves lap against the famous Godrevy Lighthouse in the distance and feel your troubles disappear. Explore the local harbour, as you meander through the cobbled streets, and then return for dinner at the Terrace Restaurant, serving up seasonal and local food, along with stunning sea views. The Harbour Spa provides the perfect hideaway, as you indulge in a soothing treatment and then unwind by the pool, gazing out to sea from the comfort of a lounger! Enjoy an indulgent afternoon tea, cocktail or light lunch on the alfresco dining terrace and soak up the sea air and sensational views. The 46 bedrooms offer complete comfort and some of the Superior Bedrooms have balconies - a perfect place to relax over a morning coffee with the papers or afternoon tea watching the boats sail by... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, HRS, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porthminster Hotel St Ives
- Porthminster St Ives
- St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa St Ives, Cornwall