We stayed for a week in November 2012 as a birthday celebration and thoroughly enjoyed it. We were in room 104, which is a good-sized room with beautiful views over Porthminster Bay. The room is a bit tired as it hasn't been refurbished but the views and the sound of the waves more than compensate. Our only criticism was the cold bathroom with a large sash window where all the heat escaped. A pity because the large walk-in shower was really good.
The kitchen floor was being replaced whilst we were there and consequently the dining room had been moved downstairs to the function room where the chefs worked out of a tiny kitchen. They did amazingly well in the circumstances and we had some very nice meals with fresh fish daily. The service in the restaurant was generally good but occasionally patchy.
The Spa is a relaxing environment although the pool is rather compact. It was lovely to be able to swim each morning before a hearty breakfast.
The staff were very friendly overall and the hotel has a welcoming, relaxed atmosphere.
We travelled by train and the hotel is just a short (steep) walk up the path from the station.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa is perfectly positioned directly above Porthminster beach boasting stunning views across the water. Watch as the waves lap against the famous Godrevy Lighthouse in the distance and feel your troubles disappear. Explore the local harbour, as you meander through the cobbled streets, and then return for dinner at the Terrace Restaurant, serving up seasonal and local food, along with stunning sea views. The Harbour Spa provides the perfect hideaway, as you indulge in a soothing treatment and then unwind by the pool, gazing out to sea from the comfort of a lounger! Enjoy an indulgent afternoon tea, cocktail or light lunch on the alfresco dining terrace and soak up the sea air and sensational views. The 46 bedrooms offer complete comfort and some of the Superior Bedrooms have balconies - a perfect place to relax over a morning coffee with the papers or afternoon tea watching the boats sail by... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, HRS, Agoda, LateRooms, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porthminster Hotel St Ives
- Porthminster St Ives
- St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa St Ives, Cornwall