On writing this we are still staying in the hotel .we check out tomorrow tue 28th may 2013. I broke my foot down on the rocks on the beach (being action man),on the second day of a four day stay. The staff couldn't do enough. Genuinely nice people that really do care about their jobs. Nothing is too much and you can see it is a vocation and not a job with all members of the harbour hotel staff. Good chat with Alan who is a Liverpool lad like me. He looked after us a few days. Reception staff were brilliant and genuinely caring . Valets and waiting on staff couldn't do enough. Fantastic views from a lovely room. I found absolutely nothing to complain about. If you have a problem I am sure nothing would be too much for these people. A retesting change from meeting staff that do what they have to and just follow a script . Would recommend it to anyone . We will be returning in the future of that there is no doubt. I have read the few bad reviews that have been posted and I really cannot believe these people were talking about this hotel ??
Best advice see for yourself . My wife and me are seasoned travellers having travelled extensively so we speak from experience when we say the harbour is lovely . Try it for yourself you definately won't be disappointed .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa is perfectly positioned directly above Porthminster beach boasting stunning views across the water. Watch as the waves lap against the famous Godrevy Lighthouse in the distance and feel your troubles disappear. Explore the local harbour, as you meander through the cobbled streets, and then return for dinner at the Terrace Restaurant, serving up seasonal and local food, along with stunning sea views. The Harbour Spa provides the perfect hideaway, as you indulge in a soothing treatment and then unwind by the pool, gazing out to sea from the comfort of a lounger! Enjoy an indulgent afternoon tea, cocktail or light lunch on the alfresco dining terrace and soak up the sea air and sensational views. The 46 bedrooms offer complete comfort and some of the Superior Bedrooms have balconies - a perfect place to relax over a morning coffee with the papers or afternoon tea watching the boats sail by... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Evoline ltd so you can book your St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porthminster Hotel St Ives
- Porthminster St Ives
- St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa St Ives, Cornwall