Just returned from a 2 night stay over the weekend 4-6 Jan celebrating a "significant birthday". First class service with a smile from all the staff. We had room 120 which developed a dodgy card access lock and so were moved to room 117 for the second night. (Staff moved all our belongings whilst we were out for the day) Both rooms were excellent, the second having a top floor position with a balcony overlooking the fabulous town of St Ives and Porthminster Beach. Beds were large and very comfortable. Both rooms were extremely spacious and well appointed. This really is a grand looking hotel with a wonderful old seaside charm about it. Evening meals and breakfasts were of an excellent standard and taken in the large main dining room with huge picture window wall overlooking the view to the beach below. Have to say they offered an excellent value weekend package with evening meals and cannot speak highly enough of the helpful attitude of the management and staff alike. Did try the Spa pool and jacuzzi but unfortunately missed out on the Spa treatments as all the appointments were taken.
My wife and I really enjoyed our stay and would be very happy to return again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa is perfectly positioned directly above Porthminster beach boasting stunning views across the water. Watch as the waves lap against the famous Godrevy Lighthouse in the distance and feel your troubles disappear. Explore the local harbour, as you meander through the cobbled streets, and then return for dinner at the Terrace Restaurant, serving up seasonal and local food, along with stunning sea views. The Harbour Spa provides the perfect hideaway, as you indulge in a soothing treatment and then unwind by the pool, gazing out to sea from the comfort of a lounger! Enjoy an indulgent afternoon tea, cocktail or light lunch on the alfresco dining terrace and soak up the sea air and sensational views. The 46 bedrooms offer complete comfort and some of the Superior Bedrooms have balconies - a perfect place to relax over a morning coffee with the papers or afternoon tea watching the boats sail by... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, HRS, Booking.com and LateRooms so you can book your St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porthminster Hotel St Ives
- Porthminster St Ives
- St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa St Ives, Cornwall