We have just had a lovely two night stay at The Harbour Hotel in St Ives. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful, the room was spacious and with a wonderful view of the bay, and the food, both at dinner and breakfast, was excellent, as was the service. We found the autumn special rate to be excellent value for money for such good quality accommodation and little extras like complimentary champagne in our room on arrival and complimentary coffee after dinner were nice touches. We were also pleased to be able to choose from a wide and varied menu, so often on special deals one is restricted to a limited menu. St Ives is a delightful town, only a few minutes walk away and the coastline is stunning, ideal for walking.
I would have given the hotel 5 stars but for small criticisms. Our room when serviced was not replenished with more tea, milk or loo rolls; we had to ask for more of these from reception, but they were readily provided. A bath would have been nice rather than a shower and a safe in the room would have been useful. These are very small niggles and did not spoil our enjoyment, we will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa is perfectly positioned directly above Porthminster beach boasting stunning views across the water. Watch as the waves lap against the famous Godrevy Lighthouse in the distance and feel your troubles disappear. Explore the local harbour, as you meander through the cobbled streets, and then return for dinner at the Terrace Restaurant, serving up seasonal and local food, along with stunning sea views. The Harbour Spa provides the perfect hideaway, as you indulge in a soothing treatment and then unwind by the pool, gazing out to sea from the comfort of a lounger! Enjoy an indulgent afternoon tea, cocktail or light lunch on the alfresco dining terrace and soak up the sea air and sensational views. The 46 bedrooms offer complete comfort and some of the Superior Bedrooms have balconies - a perfect place to relax over a morning coffee with the papers or afternoon tea watching the boats sail by... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz and Evoline ltd so you can book your St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porthminster Hotel St Ives
- Porthminster St Ives
- St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa St Ives, Cornwall