We have just returned from a week staying in an apartment at the hotel, we had a fantastic time and the apartments really are as good as the website lead you to believe.
We had booked an apartment at the hotel after carefully considering which had the best view/aspect and we were therefore shocked to be informed that the apartment we had booked (No 5) had been sold! We were initially allocated No 7 which looked directly onto the main road into St Ives - completely unacceptable. Fortunately I had a copy of my booking confirmation for No 5 with me and the duty Manager (Des) was extremely helpful and managed to move us to No 1 which had an excellent view and a huge decking area. It seems that many people have booked specific apartments however many have been sold off by the hotel - we were asked if we had been informed which we hadn't. I understand that the hotel are now contacting all who have made bookings for specific apartments - when you are paying the sort of money that the hotel are charging they should have thought this through.
The apartments really are fantastic - very modern with top class furnishings and decor. There is no wi-fi which was a major problem with 2 teenage children and again one of the 'must haves' that the hotel had claimed to provide. Wi-fi is available within the public rooms of the hotel however it meant that our children would often sit in the hotel to 'communicate' rather than being all together - rather against the idea of our family holiday and not what we had planned when booking an apartment with wi-fi!!!
We had lunch and dinner at the restaurant and the food and service was first class. The restaurant staff were excellent and the food presentation and quality was top notch.
I would whole heartedly recommend the hotel and apartments as a place to stay in St Ives, apartment allocation and wi-fi aside the hotel was a lovely place to stay with simply fantastic views and just a gentle stroll from the lovely town centre.
I am very grateful for the assistance that Des gave on our arrival, he managed to resolve our problem in a sympathetic and professional manner and his intervention ensured we had a fantastic stay.
We are hoping to return again next year - what more can I say!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa is perfectly positioned directly above Porthminster beach boasting stunning views across the water. Watch as the waves lap against the famous Godrevy Lighthouse in the distance and feel your troubles disappear. Explore the local harbour, as you meander through the cobbled streets, and then return for dinner at the Terrace Restaurant, serving up seasonal and local food, along with stunning sea views. The Harbour Spa provides the perfect hideaway, as you indulge in a soothing treatment and then unwind by the pool, gazing out to sea from the comfort of a lounger! Enjoy an indulgent afternoon tea, cocktail or light lunch on the alfresco dining terrace and soak up the sea air and sensational views. The 46 bedrooms offer complete comfort and some of the Superior Bedrooms have balconies - a perfect place to relax over a morning coffee with the papers or afternoon tea watching the boats sail by... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, HRS, Cancelon, Agoda, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Priceline, LateRooms, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porthminster Hotel St Ives
- Porthminster St Ives
- St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa St Ives, Cornwall