We booked this hotel via Trip Advisor about 30 minutes before we checked in. At the moment there is building going on so if you have booked make sure you call the hotel before you arrive as they will get you to park your car outside and have a valet take your car to the carpark opposite - it's a very quick and efficient service. On arrival we wanted to explore and we fully expected that our room wouldn't be ready at such short notice so we went out and about for a few hours - St Ives is lovely and there is so much to see. When we returned our bags had been taken up, we had a call from the General Manager to see if we wanted anything and the room was lovely with tea/coffee making facilities etc. The room was smallish and very Hotel du Vin, comfortable, great bathroom and exceptionally clean. Breakfast the next morning was lovely but service was slow. However all staff were very professional and are handling a difficult situation as the hotel and adjoining site are under refurbishment and there is a little noise on the road side of the hotel where we were which didn't bother us. If you are bothered by this ask for a seaview side room. A great hotel for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa is perfectly positioned directly above Porthminster beach boasting stunning views across the water. Watch as the waves lap against the famous Godrevy Lighthouse in the distance and feel your troubles disappear. Explore the local harbour, as you meander through the cobbled streets, and then return for dinner at the Terrace Restaurant, serving up seasonal and local food, along with stunning sea views. The Harbour Spa provides the perfect hideaway, as you indulge in a soothing treatment and then unwind by the pool, gazing out to sea from the comfort of a lounger! Enjoy an indulgent afternoon tea, cocktail or light lunch on the alfresco dining terrace and soak up the sea air and sensational views. The 46 bedrooms offer complete comfort and some of the Superior Bedrooms have balconies - a perfect place to relax over a morning coffee with the papers or afternoon tea watching the boats sail by... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porthminster Hotel St Ives
- Porthminster St Ives
- St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa St Ives, Cornwall