Tregenna Castle Resort
Orbitz.com
$145
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
The Gannet Inn(Carbis Bay)
$236
The Regent(St Ives)
Boskerris Hotel(Carbis Bay)
TripAdvisor
Cottage Hotel(Carbis Bay)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
2,839 results
All reviewswest wingself cateringleisure facilitieslovely groundswoodland walksea viewindoor pooltennis courtssteam roomhotel groundsbuffet stylefull pricereception areaoverlooking st ivesspecial offerthe main hotelbit dated
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Must be the best location in Cornwall especially from the sea view top floor rooms.The hotel itself is a old castle with a long private driveway with plenty of free secure parking something that too often is a problem in Cornwall.The room we had was large with a queen size bed with all facilities
The breakfast is a buffet style with plenty of choices and all fresh local produce it was the best bacon and sausages we have had in a long time.We used the gym and spa facilities whilst there and again they could not be faulted.The clearly marked walkway through the private gardens down into St Ives was most pleasant and easy going although we had a taxi back at the end of the evening.

1  Thank K9Jaffa
12-Management, Manager at Tregenna Castle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for that lovely review. We think that we have the best location in Cornwall as well - although we may be a bit biased! Do visit again soon, as the walk through the grounds will be full of flowers and our gardens are open all year to everyone.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

My husband and I returned last week from a three night break at Tregenna Castle.
We did not pay full price as I saw it advertised on Groupon and upon phoning the hotel they agreed to match the price ,without me having to purchase the Groupon voucher.We did pay an extra £20 per night for a sea view and it was worth every penny.The room we were allocated was on the second floor of the west wing and the views were absolutely stunning.
Our room was very large and clean and the bed was extremely comfortable.The bathroom had not yet been updated but this was not a problem as it was clean and functionable.
Breakfast each morning was superb and the service from all the staff we encountered was exemplary.
On one rainy afternoon we ordered afternoon tea, which was on an offer of buy one get one free and it could not be faulted.The scones were warm and fresh and we were served plenty of jam and cream.
As mentioned by others, the grounds of the hotel are extremely well maintained and are a joy to walk around, had the weather been better my husband could well have been tempted by a game of golf.
All in all we both enjoyed our time at Tregenna and would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank annette_price

What a lovely review! Thank you so much for sharing that. I'm delighted that you had such a lovely time and we all hope that we will see you again very soon! Keep an eye on our website and our social media for special offers.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Just got back from a few days stay in a self catering lodge at Tregenna Castle. Accommodation was great value bought through Groupon. It was well furnished, clean and even supplied with dish washer tablets. If I was to be highly critical I would say the decor could do with being modernised but apart from that it was very good.

The hotel grounds are beautiful with stunning views over St Ives. Beautiful gardens, great little par 3 golf course and generally well maintained. Looking forward to seeing it again in May when then flowers are out.

I walked through the hotel but didn't actually use any of the facilities but am planning on doing so in May. First impressions are very good.

Great location with a bus route right outside for people who don't like walking up hills, Tesco superstore around the corner and 5 min walk to the St Ives, St Earth Branch line which is a must train journey.

All round good value stay.

1  Thank inlineml

What a helpful review! Thank you for sharing your experience as I think that many other guests will find those tips helpful. I'm so pleased you liked your visit and we're looking forward to seeing you in May when our gardens should be blooming.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We have stayed at Tregenna on a number of occasions always as guests of the Crash Box Club. The weekend is excellent value for money. The staff are professional, friendly and helpful. The grounds and the views from outside the hotel are probably some of the best in Cornwall. The interior of the hotel is clean but dated. Rooms are mixed we stayed in Room 80 in the main Hotel. If it were not the fact that w were part of large party we probably would have asked for another room as it suffered from the smell of cooking being directs above the kitchens. We have in the past had much better rooms at he rear of the hotel and also in the self catering apartments which are really lovely. We will return to Tregenna for the weekend special with our friends from the Crash Box Car Club.
Value for money

Room Tip: If you wan a sea view ask for a room at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

It was lovely to have you back again as part of the Crash Box Club. We're very lucky to have some of the best views in Cornwall and enjoy them as we go about our day. The team will be delighted to hear that you found them professional, friendly and helpful - we want everyone to feel that we're here to look after them, so I'm pleased you felt this way. I was sorry to hear that you suffered from the smell of cooking though and that you felt your room was dated - we are continuously updating and refurbishing areas of the hotel. I'm delighted that you've been able to try our self catering as well as rooms in our hotel in the past and have such kind words about us. I hope you get a sea view next time and we're looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I was given two vouchers for afternoon tea at the above hotel. I went to take up this gift. The setting is stunning and is very well maintained. I rang to find out if I had to book but was told I could come any time after 10 am!! for afternoon tea. On arrival I found the food was served in a room which was basically a bar. There were no tablecloths. It turned out that the 'afternoon tea' was just a cream tea which I was not expecting. It was served in a basic stainless steel teapot with no extra jug of water so only one and a half cups were available. The cream and jam was of excellent quality but the scones were of a thick consistency and were difficult to swallow. I had to actually go and fetch spoons to serve the jam and cream. The whole episode was disappointing. I have had afternoon tea in lots of places and this did not come anywhere near being good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ellen B
12-Management, Guest Relations Manager at Tregenna Castle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

We are sorry that you did not care for our scones or our Brasserie restaurant, and that you took umbrage at being informed of its opening hours.
We are pleased that you took advantage of your free gift, though.