“Rude and miserable staff”
Review of Bumbles Tea Room

Bumbles Tea Room
Ranked #9 of 9 Coffee & Tea in St Ives
Cuisines: British
Evesham, United Kingdom
“Rude and miserable staff”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The food is average and expensive.
The staff dont know how to smile they dont acknowledge you or use basic manners. A slice of cake the size or your finger costs £4.00.
My advise is to go to Olives cafe fresh cake which although its a similar cost quality and size justifys it. Also the staff are friendly so the atmosphere is a lot nicer.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Izzy A

Northants
“Quaint and worth a visit”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Well, this little tea room is a great find for us. They have seating inside and out, but on the day we visited, it was too hot for outside. On entering, it was apparent that there was no cool air to had, but it was not uncomfortable. The tables are basic, but well kept and clean. No airs and graces just an honest tea room.

We ordered food and a pot of tea each. I had a Pasty (well it is Cornwall!!0 which came with a very nice, well presented salad. My good lady had a Tuna Mayonnaise sandwich which also came with some salad leaves. Both did have quite a quantity of onion, but that is easy to pick off if you have a date for the evening! ;-) .

The food was excellent and ta just £4.50, the Pasty was lovely. The tea was good and there was enough for two cups each. All in all a pleasant visit and we will be back next time in the area

Visited July 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Bad mannered”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was working in The Digey on my friends property which was less than stones throw from here. The lady that was serving treated you like she was doing you a favour. She bumped into me without an apology, looked straight past me when I wanted serving. We walked out without purchasing anything, why would you when you get treated badly.

Manners cost nothing so my advice is get some.

• Visited July 2013
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
“Nice cake shame about the view”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stopped here on the way back to the beach car park after a wander round St Ives, The cake and the drinks were very tasty but the outlook from the seating was a shuttered garage door and an ramshackle old house that looks like nobody's been inside for years.

It was okay but I wouldn't be rushing back.

• Visited June 2013
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Avoid if you are a celiac.”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My mum went there and a member of staff had no ideas how serious cross contamination can be. They used the same toaster for wheat and gluten free bread. Even when this was explained they clearly didn't do things properly and the next day she was very ill.

• Visited June 2013