“Really Nice”
Review of The Halsetown Inn

The Halsetown Inn
Ranked #47 of 143 Restaurants in St Ives
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Country pub with great food , Michelin and Good Food guide recommended.
Truro, United Kingdom
“Really Nice”
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

I am local and have been to the Halsetown Inn many times. The food there is really nice (I can only comment on the roast dinners they do). The only thing I can fault is the waiting times, as they can be quite inconsistent - sometimes you may not wait for long at all, and occasionally you may have to wait for a long long time (although, obviously how they are will effect that). The food there is very nice and fresh, it is really tasty and you get a good amount of food.

I would recommend the Halsetown Inn, it's a nice place, with nice food, and has a nice environment.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank BillyJP

Rutland, England
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly and jovial pub with food.”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Lovely welcome from the landlord to a bustling pub with lots of customers even at 6pm on a Friday. The menu for a pub was pleasantly different, not a lot to choose from but varied enough for most people. The food was served very quickly and was really enjoyed by our party of four. This place is a new discovery to us and will definitely be revisited.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Great food lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We go to Blas every year and love it and wanted to try their other venture. We were not disappointed! There are lots of good restaurants in St Ives but I think Halsetown have got it so right. The menu was not extensive but it is as they say thoughtful. I really enjoyed the food, the staff were friendly and it was worth the drive out of St Ives. We will definitely be back

• Visited May 2013
“Disappointing - very limited choice and average environment”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Went for Sunday lunch following recommendations. Very disappointing lack of choice. I don't eat beef and don't like garlic, but everything else is fine. Two roasts on offer: one was beef and the other garlic pork. I settled for the fish, but not what I had driven there for at all.
When it came to dessert, a choice of 3 dishes. The only one I fancied was not available.
All in all, a poor experience and one I wont repeat. Save yourself the cost of the petrol and don't bother trying it.

1 Thank Brynbelba
Truro, United Kingdom
“Friendly Service, nice atmosphere and very tasty food!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Upon arrival I walked into the front Bar area with welcoming open fireplace, I was greeted by a Cheerful Chap who took my drinks order. There was a great atmosphere with plenty of friendly locals with whom i got chatting with over a drink. I was looking to get a bite to eat so i looked through their menu of locally sourced produce and could not decide between Pork or Beef. I finally decided to try their Trevaskis Farm Beef topside and it arrived very quickly even though many other tables had also ordered food. The well presented ready plated Roast was accompanied by a yummy cheesy leaks, and plenty of veg and potatoes to go with the tender Beef. The attentive smiley waitress was helpful and delivered extra drinks and sauces when required. I found the food and service at the Halsetown Inn to be a comfortable relaxing environment and will be revisiting soon.

• Visited April 2013