“Only one thing”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Only one thing”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

From the start it is tucked out the way with limited parking park but once you do get there it is a nice place to be. Free for hotel guests and people saying in the opposite apartments. The changing rooms are above average and just what you expect from a spa if a little small. The swimming pool is very good and well maintained, no overpowering smell of chlorine or taste (I didn't deliberately drink it!) while it is a bit small its also for most of the time not busy. There is also a hot tub which is nice and warm with manual bubble controls you can turn on and off which is nice. Plenty of space to relax on the side of the pool as well as outside. The sauna and stream room are large and well maintained with water with the sauce for the coals. In my opinion the steam room was a little on the hot side but only slightly. The swimming pool also feature a jet. A full on jet. It blasts water out from one end of the pool underwater and you can swim into it and it will send you 3-4 meters in the oppressive direction. It very powerful and amazing fun. It runs on a timer in cycles but a little trick, you can override it on and off with a small discreet button on the far right of the pool when looking at the jet. By only gripe is that as we are staying in the apartments opposite (read my other review for them if you are thinking of staying there) you are given no information and with a 13 year old in the family he was only allowed in there between 10-11 and 15:30-17 which is fine but the fact we were not told is is quite frustrating (16 and over can go any time). There is also a gym and spa treatment that while I have not tried I haven't heard anything bad about them.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Conor B

devon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

The staff were very friendly, and the spa itself was tranquil. The massage was amazing, one of the best I've had the only complaint was it just wasn't long enough. It was only 30 minutes....bit I ft so relaxed afterwards.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank zoe c
Cornwall
“Spa review”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I used to be a member of this spa and enjoyed both the facilities and the staff. However there must've been a management change as things started going down hill 6 months ago and now all the (good) staff have left. The treatment rooms are visibly damp and mouldy, they no longer have the right products or do proper treatments. The jacuzzi and steamroom never seem to work properly. The changing rooms are always an utter mess and the water coolers are always empty. Lastly, what few staff are left are rude and uninterested.
Needless to say I'm no longer a member! A real shame.

Visited April 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Comfybeds”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We booked a 1 night break, got a great price for bed and breakfast. On arrival was told we had been upgraded with one of our rooms, this was amazing got a fab sea view with a balcony at no extra cost. All hotel staff very welcoming, nothing was too much trouble. The rooms where clean and well set out, and the beds were the most comfortable I have ever slept in, I had the best sleep in years, the breakfast was excellent, all cooked to order. My only complaint was the spa treatment I had, it was supposed to be a 25 minute heavenly hand treatment, it started nearly 10 minutes late, and then only lasted 15 minutes maximum, this is a total rip off, they exfoliated my hands, moisturised them, they then put them in boiling hot heated bags, which I made the therapist turn down before I could put my hands in, they were so hot, they were only in there a oupl of minutes and that was it all over. I did get a discount because I had pre booked, but this was stil £23, I definatly would not recommend the spa my sister had previously had the same treatment and got a head massage at the same time, look like the treatment has been downgraded . All in all without the spa it was a lovely stay.

Sydney
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Popular spa goer and this had to be the worst!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Very disappointed with what we thought would be a good spa day. Arrived to kids in the spa area and communal hotel pool (on the website the pool looked like it was only for the hotel) Terrible 40 min massage that only went for 20 mins to be told 'oh im new, this is how we do it' then inclusive lunch/afternoon tea which was terrible. Not much compassion from management either. Very over prized spa, wouldn't waste money here again!!!

Visited August 2012