“Not the best welcome but a lovely massage!”

St Ives Harbour Spa
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We booked treatments at this spa as we stayed at the hotel.
The receptionist was rather aloof when we checked in which made us feel uncomfortable. We asked for robes only to be told, no they are for spa breaks only....hello.....we were staying at the hotel and had booked treatments!
The lady who did the massage was very friendly and did a lovely relaxing back neck and shoulder massage, Thankyou!!
After the massage I just wanted to have a chill time and read my book but there were only half a dozen loungers around the pool, more are definatly needed. I went back to the waiting area to read until my husband had had his massage. Luckily there were a couple of longers spare when we went back to the pool area.
We spent time in the pool, steam room and bubble pool. This area was clean although it is worth mentioning that children are allowed in the pool at certain times, this is quite chaotic and noisy and most certainly not relaxing!!
This spa is not the best I have been to and I have spent time at quite a few, the highlight was my massage which I thourougly enjoyed. Please send the receptionist on a customer service course as it would have most certainly made our experience in the spa a more enjoyable one.

2  Thank sarahpWiltshire

Reviewed September 22, 2012

A spa day was booked as a gift for my partner and I whilst staying in Cornwall on holiday.

The parking was confusing as it is not attached to the hotel and is actually nearer to the beach than the main road. Apart from that we were impressed with the decor and were warmly welcomed by the Spa receptionist in which she showed us around the spa facilities. We were given an allocated locker, with a towel and robe. The pool temperture was lovely and warm, which was tested frequently. Being at the Spa felt like we were on a tropical holiday, somewhere far away. It was really luxiourous and asthetically pleasing.

Lunch was included with the Spa day. The resturant offered spectalur views of St. Ives coast. Again great decor throughout the hotel. The set menu submitted a good selection of food and everything tasted delicious; definitely value for money. Great service from our waitress.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Nice facility, friendly helpful staff. 30 minute massage turned out to only be 20 mins because the therapist was running behind schedule.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Nice pool area with jacuzzi. Beds inside and out on which to relax and read. Nice steam and sauna rooms and beautiful treatments. Top marks.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

The spa isn't overly crowded, the staff are polite and professional the view from the gym and spa terrace is amazing. The pool isn't massive but it is very tranquil and the water is tested every couple of hours. The hot rub, sauna and steam rooms are adequate and you can hear nice music throughout the place. Towels are provided (and slippers if requested). Very cosy atmosphere. I haven't had a massage or pedicure yet so I can't comment on that yet.