“Terrific place for lunch”
Review of The Searoom

The Searoom
Ranked #4 of 152 Restaurants in St Ives
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Searoom is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. All our cakes, scones and tarts are made by hand in our kitchen and we use only the best local meat, fish and vegetables in our restaurant. Almost everything on the menu is also available gluten free. We have the most amazing Harbour view!
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The location, quality of food and service is really excellent. A great place for a non-fish alternative!
Cream tea looks amazing but I opted for the home made Cornish pasty which was brilliant And served with a lovely side salad. The choice of loose leaf teas is world class and the Earl Grey did not disappoint

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This was my 2nd visit since I found The Tea Room last year when travelling with friends. We came for an early Cornish cream tea (for breakfast I may add) and enjoyed a cup of coffee included in the price. The staff are really lovely and very polite - will definitely recommend this place to friends and family.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Great cafe, good service and lovely food. Coffee and walnut cake and scones are the best we have eaten!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Visited for lunch on a sunny Friday afternoon. Cafe has lovely decor and friendly staff, the service was a little slow but fortunately we were in no hurry! All food was lovely quality and generous in portion. The cakes looked amazing but sadly we had no room after our mains! Also nice to find a dog friendly cafe of such high standard.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

As I am coeliac I have to avoid all gluten and sadly dairy and came across this wonderful place searching out gluten free scones on the internet. I called ahead and chatted to a lovely lady who said she was more than happy to do me a gluten and dairy free afternoon tea. Nothing was too much trouble!
We arrived and two really pretty tiered cake stands were brought to the table, for me a selection of delicious gluten and dairy free sandwiches, a selection of gluten and dairy free pastries and a scrummy slice of lemon polenta cake and two delicious gluten and dairy free scones served with dairy free butter and jam. My friend had the usual afternoon tea selection and we were blown away!..This lovely Tea room sits overlooking the beach in St Ives.The weather was sadly wet but the welcome was wonderful as were the staff, service and food. Thank you all for caring and making me a happy lady!