“Excellent - Friendly Place - Lovely Coffee”
Review of The Searoom

The Searoom
Ranked #4 of 151 Restaurants in St Ives
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Searoom is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. All our cakes, scones and tarts are made by hand in our kitchen and we use only the best local meat, fish and vegetables in our restaurant. Almost everything on the menu is also available gluten free. We have the most amazing Harbour view!
Reviewed October 4, 2012

It was so nice to be greeted with a smile - lovely clean crockery - delicious coffee - great views - a pleasant way to spend time watching the world go by .

There are newer reviews for The Searoom

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Like other reviewers, I went in search of The Tea Room because of its Trip Advisor rating. I had a perfectly pleasant visit but would struggle to rate it as very good or excellent, although equally I have no complaints. The scones were nice, although the drinking tea was probably more remarkable. It was extremely busy the day that I visited, which in turn seemed to limit the service provided because staff were rushed off their feet. A problem with the till meant that one member of staff was tied up with serving the ever increasing queue of people waiting to pay, which was obviously unfortunate in an already busy and limited space! I would happily return - I would also happily try other places.

1  Thank Jezzacat
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My mother and I went here for a cream tea, and we were in heaven. Prompt and friendly service, warm scones, lots of cream and jam, and all for a reasonable price. Lovely place- wish we had had time to go again!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is the best tea room in St. Ives! The cream teas are delicious with warmed scones, clotted cream and jam. There is also a good selection of different teas to try. They also do light lunches and sandwiches which are delicious.

1  Thank AndyX
Reviewed September 29, 2012

It is always difficult to eat out when you are a coeliac sufferer (gluten and wheat free diet).This tea room has it all. From the board outside it boasted gluten free food which is not seen in very many places and not expecting much I enquired what foods. Sandwiches, cakes, pastries, scones, you name it it seemed they could do it! The food was delicious, the service was first class, especially Simon who was most informative and the prices were very reasonable. So all you gluten free sufferers next time in St. Ives head for this lovely tea rooms and you will not be disappointed.

3  Thank sue b