Blue Sky Bed and Breakfast
  • Breakfast included
Chy-An-Albany(St Ives)
The Palms(St Ives)
  • Pool
All reviewscarn breafull englishb byogurtperfect hostsbay windowdaily specialsfree parking outsidebubble squeakgreat choice of cerealsminute walk to centrelovely roomwarm welcomespecial of the dayyears runningalready booked for next yearuseful tips
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 10, 2012

My friend and i spent a lovely 4 days at this wonderful B&B, it was my first stay in St Ives it was in a super location with plenty of parking with only 5 minutes walk to the shops, sea restaurants etc. . We received a very warm welcome from the owners Lindsey and Simon. We stayed in a twin room which was tastefully decorated, the En suite shower room had a super shower there was plenty of wardrobe space, hairdryer, flat screen t.v and tea/coffee making facilities. i loved waking up to a sea view. Breakfast in the morning was cooked to order with such a great choice of cereals, juices, fresh fruit and yogurts. I would highly recommend Blue Sky B&B and will be visiting again in the near future.

Room Tip: The larger room with a sea view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Maxine L
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I spent a wonderful three days with Lindsey and Simon at their B&B. It is situated close to the sea & shop with plenty of parking. Their attention to detail and the lovely friendly atmosphere added to my relaxing stay. Nothing was too much trouble and they went that extra mile to make my stay brilliant. The room was lovely, spacious & comfortable. If you are looking for a friendly, relaxing stay I would definitely recommend this wonderful welcoming B&B.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Heatherrosemary
Reviewed December 31, 2011

The B&B is located on a quiet street but only a few minutes walk from St Ives' charming town centre. I received a warm welcome from the owner who also recommended pubs for me to visit. I had the larger of the two rooms and was pleased with my choice. It was tastefully decorated and comfortably furnished. Two easy chairs were positioned by the large bay window which had a sea view.

Breakfast in the morning was cooked to order and accompanied by fresh fruit and friendly service.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Ulster_Exile
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I agree wholeheartedly with the other excellent reviews for Blue Sky B&B. Simon and Lindsey were exceptionally helpful, friendly and attentive. We arrived a couple of hours early and were welcomed by their daughter. When Simon and Lindsey arrived they automatically apologised for not being there to welcome us even though it wasn't their fault. Simon gave us really helpful advice on everything we planned to do in St. Ives and the area without us even asking; including up to date weather forecasts, where to go walking, good restaurants, driving routes, and he looked up where the cheapest local petrol station was! He even pumped up our front car tyre when he noticed it was a little flat. We really appreciated it, thanks Simon. The breakfast choice was brilliant, with fresh fruit, a selections of breads, organic yoghurts and cereals, followed by a good choice of hot breakfast expertly cooked by Lindsey (perfect fried eggs every time).

We stayed in the larger room at the front called Trencrom. It was a very good size and nicely decorated, more like a boutique hotel room than a typical B&B. There is a lovely sea view from the bay window despite the house not facing the sea directly. The bathroom is modern and clean, and the shower had great pressure (a good shower is a must for me). Although the bathroom is small, it's fine for a couple.

Blue Sky is conveniently located slightly up a hill only 5 minutes walk to the edge of the town centre. You can be at the harbour easily within 10 minutes, and we actually preferred to be outside the centre which could be a little loud at night. They have their own parking spaces which can you use, and the train station is just down the road.

I'd happily recommend Blue Sky to anyone and would stay there again myself.

Room Tip: Trencrom has a sea view and is the larger of the two.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank seb_m
Reviewed October 20, 2011

This B&B has such high reviews for a reason, despite located at pretty much the top of a valley its is only 5mins walk to town (may take upto 10mins walking back up). The hosts Simon and Lindsey are a lovely, friendly couple, who are also very attentive to our needs, always giving advice on what to see, where to go and recommendations on what to eat (great choices).

We stayed at the Carn Brea room, which from first sight seems a little small but there was plenty of space for overnight luggage and other bits and bobs. Bed was comfy and large, the bathroom was of a reasonable size but spotless. The room didnt have a sea view but was very well lit. It has your basic amenities...shower gel, complementary beverages, TV (with integrated DVD player with a small selection of DVDs) and hairdryer (which was very important to someone). Breakfast in the morning was a great tasty treat, full English, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, toast...i had the lot.

The B&B has its own car park spaces but if for some reason its full, the outside is free parking, so no need to worry about parking. There is room which over looks the sea but not sure which one and how much. Our room cost us £70 pn. Centre is only about 5mins walk down hill (bearing left) and you will find cost cutters, post offices, banks, restaurants, pubs...etc.

All in all, i really enjoyed my stay at Blue Sky and would recommend it to anyone, especially family with children, as i have noticed toys in the living room and a good selection of Disney DVDs.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple