“Good pub with a view.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lifeboat Inn

The Lifeboat Inn
Ranked #17 of 144 Restaurants in St Ives
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Devonport, United Kingdom
“Good pub with a view.”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We decided on The Lifeboat Inn for lunch and we were not disappointed. Luckily we got a window table so lovely view and great people watching. We chose nachos with chilli, melted cheese, guacamole and sour cream. It was fantastic. The service was excellent and cheerful, friendly staff. It's a place we will return to.

• Visited May 2014
lifeboatinn, Manager at The Lifeboat Inn, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for your recent review. We often see many of our customers simply gazing out of the window enjoying the amazing view of the Harbour. May I suggest the BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos on your returning visit. Scrummy!

Twickenham
“Nice harbour view pub”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Had drinks here looking out onto st ives harbour.
The food looked good and very reasonly priced. Seemed a very popular pub for everyone, families and couples.

Visited May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Breakfast!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Popped into the LIfeboat on the last day of our holiday for breakfast as we had eaten there on a previous holiday and the food was very good. Excellent location on the Harbour with great views. We wanted to order their set breakfasts and asked whether we could change the fried eggs to scrambled but were advised that as this was there first week doing breakfasts they couldn't deviate from the set breakfast....staff very apologetic though and friendly but sadly we took our custom elsewhere.

• Visited May 2014
lifeboatinn, General Manager at The Lifeboat Inn, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Betsy,
I am writing as once again, as I did on the morning mentioned, inform you that we could not deviate from the Breakfast's served as we were on our second day of trialling the menu and I personally apologised for this. Unfortunately there was so many different requests of change of items from your party that I personally felt my team were unable to do whilst my team were in training on the new Breakfast Menu. I do hope you will understand that saying "no" is something we hardly ever say to our customers. As a frequent visitor to our Pub, I am sure you are aware that it has always been my policy to say "yes" to our customer, so I do hope you have the chance to return soon and try our breakfast menu and if you have any further requests of change to the dishes for you and your family, we will of course oblige.
I look forward to seeing both you and your family very soon,
Kellie-Jane McKeown
“SUPER CUSTOMER SERVICE =D”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

We went to The Lifeboat - 2 couples - for a birthday meal. Lovely atmosphere - great start. One of our party requires gluten free food, nothing hugely obvious on the menu so he selected the lovers of meat platter. Upon delivery of food we had to ask what was gluten free in the platter - yes perhaps we should have mentioned it when ordering but didn't really think!! Our waiter Joe was extremely apologetic and informed us that they did have many gluten free options. He also said that as they were having a reprint of menus that they would take on board feedback and indicate dietary requirement options on their new menus!
Following this he returned and said that they would cook a gluten free meal for our party member. We accepted their kindness.
I can honestly say all the staff were lovely. In any other restaurant I very much doubt that we would have received such SUPER customer service. It is service like this that makes you want to return thank you to Joe and all the staff of The Lifeboat! We had an awesome evening and the food was yummy!

Dear Gemma,
We are delighted to read that you received SUPER customer service. Our team are happy to cater for the growing demand of people with special dietary requirements and our happy to create bespoke meals for these customers.
I will personally pass on your high praise to all the team working on this visit.
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Lovely place in lovely St Ives”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

First time in St Ives and wow what a beautiful place. The lifeboat inn was to be honest a little place to stop in and grab something for us. There was no shortage of places to go for food especially along the front but we played a bit safe and stuck with a St Austell brewery pub as we'd already eaten in another in Newquay and thought we'd pretty much know what we were getting. We were slightly wrong.
Usual fair of beers on tap, the staff were welcoming and easy to talk to. The menu was interesting and as you'd expect for that part of the world a good selection of fish dishes. I had the fish pie and my partner had the mussels. Mine was delicious, lots of fish from salmon, whitefish, prawns and mussels. Not swimming in sauce which I hate. My partners dish though I think took the prize. I know mussels you must think can't be that difficult to produce, lots of places do them. That is true however there are two things here. One, the sauce used for the mussels had a Thai green used in it giving it a lovely gentle heat something we had both never experienced with mussels. And two, We've eaten mussels in a lot places including what I would consider the place for them in Brugge, Belgium. My partner whilst eating her dish looked up briefly and said these are the best I've eaten since Brugge. That in itself was the biggest compliment I think she could have given.

Overall a lovely place and not dressed up to be something more then what it is.

• Visited May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful detailed review about your visit. Our Head Chef Dan uses only the best plump River Exe mussels and we all agree that the Thai Green used gives off a lovely, gentle heat that adds an element of surprise when tasting! Simply divine!