“Worth a visit”

Seagrass
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: AA Rosette restaurant in St Ives - just a few metres up from Harbour Beach. An intimate & contemporary restaurant, serving modern British cuisine including locally caught fish & seafood straight from the bay, meat dishes and vegetarian options. Also available - Oyster and Shells menu, featuring oysters, lobster, crab, langoustine, Fruit de Mer and more! Bar area for drinks only, offering an extensive wine, drinks and cocktail menu. Open for dinner from 6pm daily for A la Carte and fixed price menu - 2 course £16.95/3 Course £19.95. (Autumn/Winter opening times apply). Recently featured in The Good Food Guide, Hardens and The Michelin Guide. Restaurant available for private hire (weddings/birthday parties). Private dining available.
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

This was our second time eating at Seagrass having visited 2 years ago when we were in St Ives. We decided to take my parents there as a treat and the restaurant was just as we remembered. The menu is wonderful and has something for everyone. Lots of fresh fish, lobster but also meat and vegetarian dishes for those wanting something a little different. My parents had the Fruits de Mer to share between them and it was jam packed with prawns, squid, mussels and white fish etc. My partner had the Seafood Risotto whilst I had the Roasted Pheasant. The food arrived promptly and was well presented, it was delicious. The waitress was very helpful and knowledgeable about the dishes and their content.

Would highly recommend this restaurant to those looking for something a little more up market from the standard fish & chips that many other places have to offer. A very relaxed and enjoyable evening with wonderful food and cocktails in abundance. All very reasonably priced too.

2  Thank Hayley M

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Very impressed with both the service and the food. Crayfish and crab cocktail excellent as was the special (hake) with salsa verde, crispy kale and new potatoes. Hubby's fisherman's stew was delicate and robust at the same time. Would truly recommend. 3 couples turned away on a Tuesday evening because they were so busy. Not bad eh?

4  Thank Labute
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We were very pleased to have chosen this restaurant. The food was well prepared, very tasty and the service was great. We would recommend the catch of the day.

3  Thank C_Flyer99
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Yet another great place to eat in St Ives
The staff were fantastic and the atmosphere was great
My starter Scallops and Black Pudding was one of the best I've had
Will definitely be calling in here again

4  Thank Carole P
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We were going on holiday to Cornwall and decided to make it a culinary experience. Amongst other restaurants we went to the 2 Michelin star Nathan Outlaw and finished our excellent holiday at Seagrass. We were so impressed by the food at Seagrass, I went to see the chef because I had to compliment him in person for such an outstanding meal. The Seagrass website appealed because of the seafood platter option. I sent an enquiry from the website and had an instant response. From arrival to leaving, everything about the experience was excellent. We had great cocktails to start, some excellent wine recommended to pair with the abundance of seafood and truly amazing deserts. The restaurant was full so I was so glad to have booked well in advance. The service was very attentive and, more importantly, not intrusive. To be recommended.

2  Thank ianthegooner