“Fantastic food and great service!”
Review of Seagrass - CLOSED

Seagrass
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: AA Rosette restaurant in St Ives - just a few metres up from Harbour Beach. An intimate & contemporary restaurant, serving modern British cuisine including locally caught fish & seafood straight from the bay, meat dishes and vegetarian options. Also available - Oyster and Shells menu, featuring oysters, lobster, crab, langoustine, Fruit de Mer and more! Bar area for drinks only, offering an extensive wine, drinks and cocktail menu. Open for dinner from 6pm daily for A la Carte and fixed price menu - 2 course £16.95/3 Course £19.95. (Autumn/Winter opening times apply). Recently featured in The Good Food Guide, Hardens and The Michelin Guide. Restaurant available for private hire (weddings/birthday parties). Private dining available.
Rugby, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic food and great service!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We spent a week in St Ives and ate out in a few places, however found Seagrass to be one of the best. We booked our table for 6pm for the 5 of us (two adults and three young boys,3, 5 and 9) and were treated with excellent service.

Our boys had the burger and chips from the children's menu which they said were some of the best chips they had ever had. We shared a hot seafood platter and I must say it was superb!

The service always came with a smile and the food and overall quality of the restaurant definitely deserves a visit!

Would highly recommend.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Leah C

Wadebridge, United Kingdom
“What a gem”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

As regular visitors to the Sloop Inn St ives this restaurant is only 10 paces away.Chefs interpretation of classic dishes is a bit special, lovely ambience, super value

1 Thank nigel w
Lichfield
“Always Fabulous”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I have visited Seagrass on several occasions now and, every time, I have had a wonderful evening. This time was no exception. I have also eaten completely different dishes on each visit too. It's so good they have a seasonal changing menu to choose from. There seems to be so many other restaurants where the menu just doesn't change.

This time I chose the gnocchi starter and it was lovely. Fluffy clouds of gnocchi all wrapped up in herbs and cream with delicious woodland mushrooms. I never wanted to get to the end of this. It was a delight. I had pheasant to follow and I do like my pheasant cooked through and asked for it to be so. I did acknowledge that this can make pheasant very dry though and said I was willing to take that risk. All I can say is that the new chef here is so very clever. The pheasant was cooked through completely but was still juicy and gorgeous. I wasn't sure about the apricot stuffing but it goes with pheasant perfectly and I think I might have to try this at home because it was a great flavour combination. The fondant potato and celeriac puree were the perfect accompaniments. We had a bottle of The Crusher Pino Noir which is an astonishingly beautiful smokey wine from the USA. This is the only thing we have had before at Seagrass and we chose this wine again because it is so gorgeous.

Finally, should I or should I not have dessert? I was quite full but I know how fabulous the Seagrass desserts are so I had to try something. I chose the creme brulee and it had a fabulous solid caramel top that, once cracked through, revealed a sumptuous and creamy interior. Absolutely gorgeous. I am so glad I decided to squeeze a dessert in or I would have really missed out.

It was my hubby's Birthday and we were both welcomed with a glass of bubbly and, when my husband received his dessert, his plate had Happy Birthday written in chocolate on it. Such lovely touches that made our evening out even more special. My hubby really enjoyed all his menu choices and we went home very very happy. We received a wonderful warm welcome as always. The owners and front of house staff here are all exceptional and really enjoy their jobs and you can tell as their warmth shines through. They all want you to enjoy yourself to the maximum whilst you dine at Seagrass.

Thank you to Seagrass for another standout memorable evening.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Superunknown1
Helston, United Kingdom
“Great service, highly recommended!”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

We were looking for somewhere local to eat - a last minute decision on Easter Monday. Emailed Seagrass after reading good reviews here and, after a very prompt and friendly response, we're lucky enough to get a table. It got a bit chilly in St Ives towards evening so we turned up hoping perhaps to get a drink at the bar whilst we waited for our table. No problem at all, we were shown straight to our table where both food and service were delightful. The room itself is very pleasant and the menu is varied and interesting. My wife, who is gluten free, had no trouble finding something - always a point in favour of a return visit. Nice and inexpensive wine list too. Room, service, food - it ticks all the boxes. Very highly recommended.

Greater Manchester
“Never fails to please.”
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Having visited Seagrass several times before we always look forward to returning. As usual our most recent visit proved to be as good as every other. We were made most welcome from the moment we entered and everyone was friendly and attentive all evening. Our visit this time coincided with my birthday and we were treated with happy birthday napkins, complimentary bubbly and a birthday greeting written in chocolate on my desert.
I chose mackerel with a beetroot & wallnut dressing for my starter, which was stunning. For mains i chose a fillet steak which was cooked perfectly to my taste.
I had a strawberry & cream sorbet for desert (complete with a chocolate happy birthday message) which was fantastic.
Fantastic evening, thanks to everyone!

1 Thank Sheene7