“Lovely Little Touches”

The Cornish Deli
Ranked #3 of 146 Restaurants in St Ives
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Seafood, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Cornish Deli exists to bring to best quality Cornish and regional produce to its customers.If you want fantastic quality local meats, cheeses, seafood, fruit and vegetables, snacks and regional specialities, the Cornish Deli is for you.Incorporated with the Cornish Deli, is the The Deli Cafe offering hot and cold drinks, brunches, lunches, afternoon tea, and Evening Meals. As well as providing lots of wonderful foods and drinks, the Cornish Deli is home to the Deli Cafe. The Deli Cafe offers delicious drinks including Lavazza coffee, brunches, lunches, afternoon tea and Evening Meals. All food can be eaten in or take-away. The Deli Cafe is open every day, and in the summer evenings from Tuesday to Sunday. It is fully air conditioned and fuly licensed, providing the perfect sanctuary away from the often busy St. Ives streets.
Penzance, United Kingdom
“Lovely Little Touches”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Having just moved to the area we walked past The Cornish Deli and popped in for a cup of tea and a cake. It was busy with a great atmosphere and the staff were really friendly and relaxed. I loved the little milk bottle the milk came in with a pot of tea and the breakfasts looked great! Well worth a visit.

• Visited March 2014

Warrington, United Kingdom
“Lovely Deli”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I used to live in St Ives and visited this deli frequently. It has not changed! If anything even better. 4 of us met for lunch today. What brilliant and friendly service. And delicious food. I had the special soup of the day - yum. Friends had the scrummy looking omelette and a roast beef sandwich. Apparently the cheese cake is to die for and I will be going back before I leave to buy some as a takeaway together with their amazing roast beef. Just lovely and so nice to be back in St Ives where I must say pretty well everywhere has wonderful food!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank vwaves
Poole, England
“3 Amazing meals in 3 Days!”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

My Partner and I stumbled upon this little gem of a cafe and liked it so much we went back each day we were in St. Ives. This was our third year visiting Cornwall and just found The Cornish Deli because it is just slightly behind the main street of shops. We had an amazing lunch there and returned the next day for their Sunday roast. I had the pork roast and my Partner had a very yummy veggie roast. We even made a point of having our last meal in Cornwall there before we drove home.
The Staff and chef are amazing! Very attentive and friendly, without being obtrusive. No request was denied. I know it's a small thing, but we really enjoyed the fact that they serve tap water in a chilled bottle with frozen glasses. It is just a really nice touch and completely in keeping with their ethos.
They even serve dinner on some nights. We will be returning next year and every year after. This place is not to be missed.

• Visited February 2014
North Cornwall
“What a find!”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I live in North Cornwall, quite a long way from St Ives and so working out from a far where to have lunch on a Sunday was a bit tricky. Found this place on here and was delighted to hear they'd be open in January. It was an utterly ridiculous rain day but before a visit to the Tate we needed a good lunch and we got it here. The Deli is tiny but perfectly formed. The roasts were incredible! My vegetarian version was the best I've ever had out. Not bland old pap but very tasty, different and a big old plate full. We had really good juices, coffees and the owner was just so lovely! It was busy- so is obviously a known gem. I'm so chuffed we went and so were my friends!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank The_Groke1
Wokingham, England, United Kingdom
“Brilliant home made food and coffee ”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

We came here a year ago on a very cold day with the dogs. My son of 7 said his home made bean soup was the best ever. Visited again today and all had an equally tasty lunch. Very nice coffee as well. It's small but they have a nice variety and ate very friendly.