“Superb... Mug of tea a little pricey.”

Harbour Fish & Chips
Ranked #33 of 151 Restaurants in St Ives
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Walked in off street and was greeted with warmth and friendliness. As time was a bit of an issue asked out right how long it would take. The chef could not have been more honest and helpful.

sat down and was greeted by a nice young lady who asked for a drinks order whilst we chose our meals. We ordered two mugs of tea.

The food was bought out to us promptly and was delicious. Special mention goes to the sweet potato shavings that are used as a garnish. Amazingly nice.

when the bill arrived I had no hesitation in adding a tip. Will return here.

My comment in the title about the tea is my only MINOR worry. £1.85 for a mug of tea seemed aittle pricey. However it won't stop me going back

1  Thank DJProperJob

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Went here at the beginning of the month. Had the grilled lemon sole. without doubt the best fish i have ever had. ever.

2  Thank becky p
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Good value, good food - e.g. fresh, soft bread and butter with good fish and chips and a cup of tea for £5.95 (a winter special). Harbour views, good service.

2  Thank Ilovefoodandfun
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I didn't think fish and chips could be this good. Everything is cooked to order with a very speedy service due to the good amount of staff employed here.
I had plaice which was cooked to absolute perfection, my companion had mackerel and it was equally delicious. I really can't fault this restaurant. It is right on the sea front, so always a good view of the harbour and will be one of the first places I revisit when I go again. Try it to believe it.

2  Thank JH41
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This was our second visit to this restaurant within 3 months and it was just as good second time over. The fish is locally caught, the service was prompt and the food came out very quickly within 5 minutes of ordering. It's refreshing that you can order grilled fish as well as your normal battered fish, personally I prefer this as you can appreciate the flavour of the fish more rather that the overpowering floury flavour of the batter. The chips were perfectly cooked and were very fresh and hot. Portion sizes were plentiful and we left feeling satisfied. Would definitely return!

1  Thank andy_k_77_2014