Little Leaf Guest House
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
Chy-An-Albany(St Ives)
View Hotel
All reviewsgarden roomfull englishb bcomplimentary winegreat hostsdaily specialsevery morningwarm welcomeattention to detailtown centrelittle touchesbreakfast roombay windowsteep stepslovely guesthousebiscuitsfeel very welcome
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 1, 2013

What a little gem of a guest house in a prime location in St Ives. From the minute I made contact I could feel that Danny and Lee were hosts who really cared about their guests. I was greeted with a lovely cup of tea and homemade cookie which was much appreciated after my journey. I was already aware what room I was going to stay in and checked on the website and it was just as it was depicted. Lovely and clean and the bed was huge. The breakfasts were really delicious and as well as the full English there is also a daily special to try instead. Lee is indeed a superb cook. Lots of tips and information - their service was flawless. Of course overseeing her parents - Darcy - head of complaints and customer services was there to give you a lovely smile in the morning. Just the tonic I needed for a lovely Bank Holiday weekend!

Room Tip: I was in room 3 although you don't get a sea view it is lovely and quiet and the room has 2 beds in it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I have never been to Cornwall before so when a friend invited us to attend her wedding we jumped at the chance!! Where to stay we asked, the only ' posh' hotel was a ridiculous price and then my father said to look at the guest houses as they were usually good value for money and just as good!!! Well he wasn't wrong, we booked the Little Leaf Guest House in February and kept sending quick emails about info to Danny and Lee who always responded and were always helpful.
I am a well travelled person and have stayed in fabulous and not so fabulous five star hotels all over the world and this guest house could give them all some stiff competition. We were met with cheery faces and shown to our wonderful room which was more than clean it was absolutely pristine with crisp white bed linen and fluffy white towels in a sparkling white bathroom!!! Nothing was too much trouble for Lee and Danny and their hospitality shone through every day, with hints and tips about St Ives. Their beautiful daughter Darcy also put in an appearance who put smiles on everyone's faces.
Their cooked breakfasts are legendary and you will definitely not need lunch once you have experienced the breakfast!!!
All in all this guest house and Lee and Danny have made our short break memorable and we will be seeing them again next year!!!!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

When we were choosing where to stay my husband was a bit dubious initially as to the reviews being perfect making it sound to good to be true. However they were all correct this is the best b&b we have stayed in. The breakfasts are superb, service is faultless and the hosts gave us great tips on where to eat and local advice which we found incredibly useful. Nothing is too much trouble and room no 5 is lovely the sea view is stunning. The room was spotless and had a hair dryer and iPod doc which was really useful. We will definitely be visiting again. Adele and Brian.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We chose Little Leaf because of the excellent trip advisor reviews - which are completely spot on! Danny & Lee are a lovely couple who do everything they can to make you free welcome. When we got there Danny took our bags for us and explained how things work and made some suggestions for nice resturants and things to do.
Breakfasts are lovely, really good quality and tasty and the B&B is well decorated and is very clean and presentable.

We had to cut our stay shorter than we wanted due to my partners bad back - the mattress is not as firm as he is used to but we wouldn't really expect it to be as most of the visitors have perfectly fine backs! It's just the risk we take whenever we travel anywhere. But Danny and Lee were brilliant - very understanding and even managed to rent the room out and refund us some money. I would definitley recommend Little Leaf guest to anoyone staying in st Ives.

FYI Danny recommended St Andrews Bistro in St Ives and he was right - really good food and reasonabley priced.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank phb30307
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed for two nights in August, brilliant location, lovely people, extremely helpful, amazing breakfasts. Try the daily specials especially the huevos!
Lovely rooms and short 5mins walk downhill to town. Perfect!
Car park just down the road is the only downside but not a problem if you find a space!