“Friendly, comfy guest house”

and 1 more site!
Little Leaf Guest House
Ranked #3 of 102 St Ives B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 29, 2011

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at the Little Leaf Guest House. Our room and bathroom were spotless and the whole house was creatively and colorfully decorated. We loved the paintings done by local artists and the sunny breakfast room. We also liked that each room had a recycling bin! The owners, Lee and Danny, were great. Very friendly and offered great suggestions for restaurants and activities. Also, loved the cinnamon sugar french toast and the multiple breakfast options offered each day.
My husband and I highly recommend the Little Leaf Guest House and found St. Ives to be a great base for exploring Cornwall!
Just one note, if you bring a car, you will have to pay about 6 pounds each day for parking, but the lot is right next to the hotel. It is hard to find a b&b right in St. Ives with private parking I think.

Room Tip: We had room 5, which is the smallest room in the hotel, but well designed. The room had its own bath...
There are newer reviews for Little Leaf Guest House

Reviewed September 29, 2011

Well, St. Ives is great, so the location is perfect. But it's Danny and Lee that make Little Leaf what it is. They run their B&B like a business; they are in it to make a go of it. And we all have been to B&B's where the extra rooms are there to make a pound or two for mad money. Not so Little Leaf. Danny and Lee have a business philosophy (To make a B&B that reflects themselves, and to make it a place where they themselves would like to stay) and they stay true to that philosophy.
I'm not great on becoming buddies with the people who run my B&B's, but Danny and Lee are just so doggone nice I had to change my mind. My sisters and I had to catch an early train on our way to our next town, so Lee even packed breakfast for us (granary bread with bacon and marmalade). Yum.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I spent my birthday weekend at Little Leaf and can honestly say that being there made it one of my best ever. I had pre-arranged chocs and flowers in the room - lovely! - and it felt like coming home after visiting the first time in July. We travelled on the sleeper from London so got to LL in time for a welcoming pot of coffee. Very much appreciated. Bags dropped and off to the town knowing that our room would be ready and welcoming on our return. Location is brilliant, view from the room stunning. Danny and Lee are a great team.Thinking about when I can go back - there must be some good excuse for another treat!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We stayed for four nights in this fantastic B&B and cannot recommend it enough. All the reviews are true so go and experience it for yourselves as it will not disappoint. Danny and Lee have got this venture spot on despite the short time they have been running it. Nothing is too much trouble for them and they have put their heart and soul into making their home welcoming and inviting . The ambience, food, accommodation and special little touches make this B&B a jewel in the crown. We wish you continued success with your business guys - you deserve it. Paula and Carl.

Room Tip: Book early to avoid disappointment
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My partner and I spent a week at the little leaf in two different rooms.
From the moment we walked in we knew we had chose well. Spotlessly clean, genuine friendly welcome and the added touch of some home-made cookies! Danny and Lee are new to the business and their enthusiasm shows in abundance..Nothing is too much trouble, everything is extremely well considered.
Lovely breakfast, free net via an IPAD, Wi-fi, plenty of local info (leaflets galore, Danny spends some of his' spare time' working at the tourist information centre). Location is very good, 5 mins walk to the centre.. It really is a great place to stay, we had a fantastic time!

Keep up the good work guys!!

Room Tip: Room 2 has a lovely balcony overlooking the harbour!
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We have just spent 3 nights at Little Leaf and had such a lovely time. What an introduction to St Ives, Cornwall. With Danny and Lee it was like staying with your best friends, they were informative on the area with ideas on things to see and places to eat. As mentioned in other reviews, the location is brilliant,a breakfast that will make you forget any diet that you may be on and I can honestly say that I could not fault a single thing about Little Leaf...... what more can I say....go and see for yourselves.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

My wife and I stayed five days at the Little Leaf last week. Lee and Danny were lovely hosts, and did all they could to make our visit comfortable. They have renovated and updated this 1890-ish row house into a modern guest home with all amenities, and work their bums off to serve their guests. It takes a special sort of person to successfully run a B&B, and Danny and Lee are that -- charming, easy-going, accommodating. Lee had us in hysterics every morning with stories of .. well, never mind, let her tell them herself.

Our room was clean, comfortable and amply roomy. We appreciated the environment-friendly touches throughout (recycling, dual-flush toilets, locally sourced produce, etc.). WiFi was included, and worked fine throughout the house.

Breakfast is in a combination dining room / foyer. St. Ives is famous for its light off the sea, and it pours in thru a big picture window. Ask for the "Lee" sized portion for breakfast; the "Danny" size was just too much for us. All delicious, well prepared and presented. The library is well stocked with local info, there is a comfy leather sitting area (I dozed off there more than once), even an iPad for use by the guests.

I have given "sleep quality" less than a "5" due to the neighbour's cats. We enjoyed their antics, but they do get up early and loudly demand their breakfast. Nothing to be done about it, although Danny mentioned a BB-gun (just kidding! I love cats!)

Our only problem was finding the place. We arrived at night, and I walked up and down Park and Tregenna (the same road, which mysteriously changes names at some point) until a kind soul let me use their mobile to call for directions. Turns out, we were only 50 feet away. The Little Leaf is not actually on Park Ave, but on a sort of alley that leads above a high stone wall. I suppose it is not authorized to put a sign, or even a house number, below the wall. A diagram, or photo, on the website might help. Parking was close by and we never had trouble finding a space, but be aware it costs 6 pounds/day.

Lastly, be aware that while the Little Leaf is a short distance from town center, it is down/up a steep hill and stairs. Folks with mobility or health probs might have difficulty. We, however, came away in better shape than when we arrived!

Thank you Lee and Danny, for a lovely stay!

Pictures 1 & 2 below show the view from Little Leaf, and #3 shows the alley leading up to it (last house on the left).