“Most accommodating and a lovely situation!”
Review of Gekko Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Ives
Gekko Lodge
Ranked #47 of 102 St Ives B&B and Inns
Capel Curig, United Kingdom
“Most accommodating and a lovely situation!”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Warm and friendly - cosy room. Liked the touches with the Fair Trade teas and coffees. Thanks Catherine and Sam for a great stay.

Room Tip: room with a view = room # 2!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Exeter, UK
Reviewed July 1, 2012

A good location only 5 mins walk into town and Porthmeor Beach with great views from the rooms. Décor very nice and modern but perhaps looking a little tired round the edges. Breakfast was ordered the night before, as per a previous reviewer I had the continental breakfast and not everything advertised in the menu was included.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ClClExeter_UK
, Owner at Gekko Lodge, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry that you felt that the decor is looking a little tired, the house was completely re-furbished four years ago and is redecorated on a yearly basis. We constantly aim to keep it looking fresh and both rooms will be decorated again this winter, room 2 will also be having a new carpet.

With the Continental breakfast everyday guests get croissants, bread rolls and toast, then on alternate days either have the ham/egg and cheese or jam tart, I will re-word the menu to make this clearer. I am more than happy to serve everything everyday but generally guests find it too much. Apologies if this was unclear.

Kind Regards
Catherine
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We stayed here in the May and found the experience just brilliant. From the fabulous room to the amazing breakfast, We loved every minute and thank Catherine very much for her gracious hospitality

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed April 19, 2012

My partner and I stayed at Gekko Lodge over the Easter weekend. We arrived a few hours before checkin on the Friday and Catherine was more then happy to have us unload our gear and park our car. The room was beautiful with amazing views and very clean. We stayed in the top room which was great it was nice and quiet and the bed is soo comfy and the bathroom has a huge walkin shower! Catherine is lovely and made us feel very welcome she was also more than happy for us to bring our sky decoder so that we could plug it in to the room's tv so that my partner could watch the golf masters during our evenings. Her breakfasts are top quality which made our stay even better. The location is great, 5 minute walk down to town and a 10 minute walk back if your not fit to get up the hill! I highly recommend gekko lodge.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lana_Adam
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I stayed on my own in room 1 for two nights in March and was the only guest. It was £55 for sole occupancy of the room which seemed a bit expensive but was worth it and at £70 for two people it would have been great value. I chose it for the sea views and after two days of fog was delighted with the views when the sun came out.

Plus points:
- sea views
- lovely spacious room with sofa
- comfy bed with feather duvet
- tasty full English breakfast
- stylish modern decor
- helpful host who gave me walking tips and lent me her map - Clodgy Head is worth a walk if you like cliff walks - and let me drop my bags off early and leave them on my day of departure
- quiet location

Points to note:
- Like much of the B&B accommdation in St Ives Gekko Lodge is 5 to 10 mins walk from the town centre (depending on whether you're walking up or down hill!) but it is a steep walk and parking in the town centre is hard at busy times so anyone who struggles with hills might have problems.
- The decor is very modern which I liked but might not be to everyone's taste.
- There was only one breakfast table so if both rooms were occupied you might be having breakfast on the same table as the guests in the other room.
- I had the continental breakfast on my second morning and not everything advertised in the menu was included. This was probably because I ordered it only the evening before so check if there is anything in particular you want.

Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank S T
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We stayed at gekko lodge between Christmas and new year and thoroughly enjoyed our time in st Ives. The room was very spacious and nicely decorated. It was nice and warm and quiet. Catherine was friendly and helpful and cooked a lovely breakfast. We have recommended the b&b to friends and family hope to return.

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2011

A two night stay in November 2001. Very comfortable bed, nicely furnished room, with stunning sea and coastal views.
Excellent breakfasts and very friendly hosts, who couldn't do enough to oblige.
A very enjoyable stay.