We stayed at this hotel from 26th to 30th Jan, when we arrived we booked in and shown to our room, after a horrid day travelling down from derbyshire to Newquay to spread my brothers ashes which was very stressful, I needed a shower to make myself feel better, but after a few minutes trying to switch the shower on nothing happened, i went down stairs to tell a young man on reception, which he responded straight away, we moved rooms but to my horror the room was the size of a match stick box, although clean very small. But the main complaint is the coldness of the place on the wednesday till Friday morning it was very cold whilst sitting in the sun lounge and having our breakfast, but on Saturday and Sunday it was a self serve basis which was a much improved system much better. I feel very disappointed in my stay, as wednesday till friday the hotel was very uncomfortable, but when more people stayed from friday till sunday they seemed to put the heating on downstairs which i found very dissapointing as the lounge had fantastic views which i could of sat and looked at for ages, but you had to have your coat on. The summer time in this hotel would be fab as loctaion is great hotel is good overall except our tiny room was over kitchen and was woken very early with banging and clanging wish we had a bigger room on the front. Recommend this hotel in summer time or if the heating is put on for all guest......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Providing comfortable accommodation with every amenity you would expect from a luxury award winning AA 3 star rated Hotel in Cornwall. The Chy an Albany occupies a wonderfully elevated site with magnificent views overlooking Portminster beach and St Ives Bay in Cornwall.Only a short walk into town and with ample free off road car parking.The hotel provides an ideal base to explore St. Ives and its renowned Tate Gallery, as well as the quaint harbour side, cobbled streets and collection of beautiful beaches that have captivated artists and tourists for over a century. The hotel is also just a short walk from the train station at the bottom of the hill (approximately 3 minutes). The new 'Lighthouse Bistro' is an art-themed restaurant, showcasing a wide range of art from local artists. The gallery-style restaurant offers contemporary dining using the very freshest local vegetables and produce, fish straight from the sea and Cornish made cheeses alongside exotic foods and wines from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Chy-An-Albany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chy-An-Albany Hotel St Ives
- Chy-An-Albany St Ives, Cornwall