The Atlantic(Carbis Bay)
$122
$907
$637
1,013 results
All reviewslighthouse bistrosea viewthe rear car parkdeluxe roomhot buffetbuffet stylelovely hotelbreakfast was excellentporthminster beachwould stay againshort breaktown centrefamily roomstayed for one nightan evening mealfour nightsrailway station
Reviewed March 2, 2014

It was our second time at Chy An Albany
and we were not disappointed it was as good as the first time
Rooms were clean and very comfortable with excellent tea and coffee making facilities, the food in the evening restaurant was absolutely superb worthy of 5 stars, breakfast was a huge range of very good quality food and the bar area was relaxed and friendly
Staff were friendly and helpful

Room Tip: rooms with sea view were brilliant
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank PlymouthJan
Reviewed March 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed for only one night to do some research in St Ives for a holiday we are taking with friends in December, which will be based in Carbis Bay.
I was extremely impressed by the friendliness and professionalism of all the staff. The free parking was a great bonus especially as the hotel was near enough to walk into the centre of St Ives. Our room and the hotel was extremely clean and fresh looking. The breakfast was excellent and considering the low cost of our stay, I was very impressed with the choice of hot meals cooked to order. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel if you are looking for a great priced and good quality stay somewhere with no pretentions

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Barry B
Reviewed February 28, 2014

At least once a year, work seems to take me into the Cornish peninsula, with St Ives being such an attractive location. One always tries to find reasonable hotels to bring my wife and daughter along.

Chy-an-Albany is one such place; it is by no means the ritz nor is it fawlty towers ... Reasonably priced they were more than happy to co locate our rooms.

Breakfast is "not bad" accommodation nice, whilst parking is a challenge,me felt that this hotel is one that we could return to.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank MortimerLake
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We had a pleasant stay in the Chy An Albany. I had been worried about how easy it would be to find, knowing what the roads in St Ives are like but it is easily located as you come down the hill as you enter the town. We were lucky to get a place in the car park at the front but the instructions to the rear car park (having checked on a map) seem fairly clear.

The staff are very friendly and welcoming. The hotel itself is an older property and therefore does have little corridors going round corners etc - the rabbit warren I'd read about in another review. However its not THAT big and you dont have to go far. The decor in the corridors wasnt to my taste but its not unpleasant (green carpet, peaches & cream walls).

The room was nicely decorated and seemed fresh. It was very clean. We had a twin room and the beds were comfortable and the heating controllable. There was a hairdryer, tea/coffee/biscuits (no chocolate), TV etc. The toiletries are in bottles attached to the wall (handwash, shampoo/conditioner and bodywash). The shower was good and easy to get the right temperature. The only slight problems were that the bathroom did smell just slightly (might have been a leaky pipe outside), bathroom was a bit cold, and we did have a problem with the heater making intermittant noise in the night (a kind of metallic drum noise) but we informed the staff of this in the morning so hopefully it's fixed. I think we were in room 15 but not 100% sure of that. This is a room with a very limited view but we werent there for the view.

The breakfast is good and they are happy to cook poached eggs for fussy people like me. My daughter enjoyed the nutella.

The location is good. It is a little walk into the centre - and be warned it's a hill so not great if you have limited mobility. Its also a bit of a dash to get over the road from the hotel to the footpath into town (its on a bit of a bend and quite a busy road). We were visiting friends at the other side of town and it was an easy and pleasant walk through the centre.

All in all based on the price we paid, the comfort of the bed, the location and the staff I'd stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Alison L
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My young son and I stayed for a couple of nights here at the beginning of half-term and it was very comfortable. The staff are friendly and pleasant and seem to enjoy what they are doing. Our room was a bit of a tight squeeze, but it was clean and fresh.
The location was perfect for us as the walk into town was no bother at all. The only thing I'd ask the hotel to do is try and put some more light on the steps from the road up to the car-park after dark.
The breakfast buffet was plentiful and the breakfast room has perhaps one of the best views in St Ives - absolutely glorious.
After a walk around the town after breakfast (the hotel has a log of suggested walks from the hotel - a great idea) we came back to use the lounge for the afternoon. Another couple made use of the bar, but it would have been good to have had some tea & coffee making facilities in the lounge of an afternoon.
All-in-all, a lovely stay in St Ives.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family